PDA

View Full Version : Wood - Bellamy Road

cj
04-09-2005, 04:52 PM
New Track Record in the Wood!

This horse looked best going in, but not 15 lengths best! I know the track is fast, but still, this was a very impressive performance.

(Side Note to Dirken: 23 in not "demanding" on a surface this quick for good horses, come on man! It's not like you didn't see the first 8 races.)

Zaf
04-09-2005, 05:05 PM
What a performance !

ZAFONIC

Tee
04-09-2005, 05:12 PM
All I know is,

I'm real f'n glad I didn't bet the race w/live money!!!

Each year these 3 yr old confuse the hell outta me. :D

How soon will the talk of the derby can't be won on the lead business start?

Very, very nice race by Bellamy Road.

cj
04-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Looked over the card, I'm guessing about a 109 Beyer for Bellamy. I came up with 101 for LITF, a very soft pace, and a 111 for Forest Danger. The pace was brutal in that one.

depalma13
04-09-2005, 09:37 PM
I can't see it below a 115. My guess is a 116-118.

Suff
04-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Visually impressive race. Although disapointing because I was 3 wide on a pick 4 ticket heading to the ninth. So that took a little bit of the pleasure of watching it. Overall, I was very glad I came down to see LITF. And it was a Beautiful day, top notch T-breds.

I, like many, keep thinking NNY has a Big race in him, and I got sucked into taking a shot on him, I used GG, and I used the one.

What can you say about the other Colts in the race? None of them belonged on the same track with Bellamy Road, Thats for darn sure. Scrappy T Pushed bellamy road along at 23.1 and 46.0 going 9 panels and NNY, PAVO, Going wild and Gallop'Grcr had NOTHING... could'nt even pick up ScrappyT! For 3rd.

A few that stuck out to me today...

Cherokee Spook in the 2nd. Horse for the course yes.. 5-3-0-1 on the BIG A main.. But still... The way the track played today , he did not get a lot to run at, and he circled and drew off nicely. Sharp Horse

White Socks... In the Bay shore. First out MDSPWT winner was FLYING at the end behind LITF. MDN to Grd3, 9-1... Looks like a real good one . Word was out because he dropped to 2nd FAV behind TOPCAT at 10-1 as they went in the gate. And he really didn't have the paper to be 2nd fav in the race. I was right there on the rail beside the 1 stall in the paddock, and when TOP CAT came in , LITF stopped dead in tracks as if to say... Who the F are you? .. Lots of camera's and reporters but LITF was a Cool Customer.

Don Six! 21.5 and 43.3 in the CARTER1. Horse was screaming. 6 furlong in 107 change.

Nice sunny day. Had the Double and a few pecks and pokes to keep me alive. Ran into TLG in the equistarian restuarant. Had a couple of smokes with Crist on the balcony.. Good day. Enjoyed it.

Vinnie
04-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Unbelievable effort by Bellamy Road.. Holy Moly, did he look fantastic. He was just cruising along at the end of the race. If Forest Danger didn't run a bit wide on his trip (and was his race ever outstanding), I think that we may have seen a track record equalled or set today in the Carter as well. What a phenomenal race that was too though.WOW! :)

kingfin66
04-09-2005, 11:54 PM
He barely had to ride...had time to pump his fist and blow a kiss to the crowd well before the finish line.

Secretariat
04-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Looked over the card, I'm guessing about a 109 Beyer for Bellamy. I came up with 101 for LITF, a very soft pace, and a 111 for Forest Danger. The pace was brutal in that one.

Just curious on that measurement for a 109. Is that based on the actual final time or does it factor in that he was basically walking down the last eighth by the horse?

JPinMaryland
04-10-2005, 01:19 AM
All I know is,

I'm real f'n glad I didn't bet the race w/live money!!!

Well I did, and I couldnt pick a winner all day at AQU...

I had it down to Bellamy Road and Going Wild and I honestly couldnt see much difference, other than Bellamy Rd. had not really faced top competition and Going Wild had. I saw one of the handicappers in the DRF did pick up on that wrong lead thing w/ Going Wild in the Santa Catalina (I think) but I didnt think it a big deal; horses do weird stuff in traffic. I decided D Wayne knows what he's doing and went with Going Wild.

Don Six is another one that had me pulling hair out. If he had just rated a little...That race was a tough call, I think all six horses had posted 100+ Beyers. The chalk 3 were very impressive.

Whats the rest of the story with White Stockings? Does he really have white on his legs or is he just named for a baseball team? I couldnt get to see him in the paddock so I had no idea. THe name was intriguing but couldnt pull the trigger.

CJ is right about the pace, gawd they were going fast. Bellamy Rd. came home in I think a little over 25 which should be pretty good for a front runner at KY derby.

Do you guys think Bellamy Rd. will be favored on derby day? He seems to be peaking..

JPinMaryland
04-10-2005, 01:21 AM
I can't see it below a 115. My guess is a 116-118.

yeah but since the Beyers are based on times run throughout the day, the fact that other horses were also running at record or near record times, means it will dampen his numbers some...

15 legth win is still impressive though.

Speed Figure
04-10-2005, 03:37 AM
I gave him a 116.

cj
04-10-2005, 04:51 AM
Just curious on that measurement for a 109. Is that based on the actual final time or does it factor in that he was basically walking down the last eighth by the horse?

It's just based on the time and the variant for the track. Now the variant is a tough call with only one other two turn race on the card, but its better than we usually get to work with on Wood day, which is one, the Wood.

I would never try to add points because I thought a horse was "geared down." They usually couldn't go much faster anyway in my experiences.

headhawg
04-10-2005, 11:30 AM
...Do you guys think Bellamy Rd. will be favored on derby day? He seems to be peaking..

I don't think there's any question about it. Visually impressive, high Beyer (most likely the highest in the field by Derby time), large margin of victory, probable M/L favorite, and another apparent weak crop of threes.

Unless there's another eye-opening performance in the remaining preps I think Bellamy will be no more than 3-1 on Derby Day.

JPinMaryland
04-10-2005, 10:08 PM
you are probably right, I was debating it with a few locals at the simulcasting area at the track. One guy figured he might have peaked and might not be favored but I think most thought he was likely to be favored. Unless Sweet Catomine were to do something incredible; her race being only a few minutes away...

Bandini as usual gave mixed reactions, a lot of people are not sold on him. Greater Good seems to have more consensus that he is the real deal. Dont Get Mad also seems to have a consensus that he cant make up that much ground from the inside. (he had yet to go in the IL derby at the time)

I also asked the locals about Jennifer Pederson's recent troubles. They were like" "it's all been blown out of proportion." "overreaction" "she's okay."

Okay if you guys say so. Still I wouldnt want to be in the same room with her if there are pitchforks around.