PDA

View Full Version : England today (sat) Race 5B 11:15am

fouroneone
04-09-2005, 01:37 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

40 horse field 4 and 1/2 miles, $1.2mil G3 Hcp

At least 10 horses crashed, saw at least 5 jockeys trampled, at least 5 pulled up, and I saw 3 get off the course and start running down the road away from the racetrack due to the fact that the entire course was not fenced in.

With 4 or 6 furlongs to go, loose horse ran to the lead and stopped infront of leading horse, causing him to check/bolt and dump the rider.

On top of that, there must have been at least 30,000 people there watching the race.

Is this a normal weekend of horse racing in England?

iggy
04-09-2005, 03:26 PM
You saw the Grand National from Aintree, Liverpool, the roughest, toughest race in the world. It's not "normal". The money poured onto the winner and hit the bookies hard. See www.racingpost.co.uk for all the details.

iggy

fouroneone
04-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Oh, i see.

I was waiting for aqueduct to begin at 11:45 and was just watching the simulcast from england on TV by chance.

I have heard of the national, but i assumed this was a normal (1 - 2 a month) type race in england.

I looked it up on the bbc, and there is a nice photo gallery and article on the race.

there is even a full video replay. the race just looks crazier the second time around.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/4428315.stm