PDA

View Full Version : Dime Supers and 50 cent P4s

lsbets
04-08-2005, 05:53 PM
LS will have 10 cent supers and 50 cent pick 4s at its spring meet next week. I'm assuming that handle has been up since Sam Houston went to dime supers, and hopefully this can bring some more fans out to racing. I know a lot of people here hate the 10 cent bet, but if it gets more people out to the track on a regular basis, I'm all for it.

Buddha
04-09-2005, 12:14 AM
I dont have a feeling one way or another about the supers as it is something that i rarely play, but i dont know if I am going to like the $.50 pick4s. what is wrong with the dollar base that it is now?

ElKabong
04-09-2005, 01:49 AM
JMHO....

I think the dime supers will prove out a failure in the long haul. I sincerely hope HOU benefitted from it b/c that's a track that tries hard to please the on track bettors that show up (unlike our local track, Lonestarpark, concerning the live meet).

As big a beating LS took on the fall meet w/ the piss poor numbers, they had to do something, I'm guessing.

ElKabong
04-09-2005, 01:52 AM
I dont have a feeling one way or another about the supers as it is something that i rarely play, but i dont know if I am going to like the $.50 pick4s. what is wrong with the dollar base that it is now?

Buddha,

Mark was really talking up dime supers on the simo show the week HOU began doing it (brother can ya spare me a dime"...). Is Mnr considering dime supers?

I'm hoping not. That bet there offers excellent value.

BillW
04-09-2005, 02:03 AM
JMHO....

I think the dime supers will prove out a failure in the long haul. I sincerely hope HOU benefitted from it b/c that's a track that tries hard to please the on track bettors that show up (unlike our local track, Lonestarpark, concerning the live meet).

As big a beating LS took on the fall meet w/ the piss poor numbers, they had to do something, I'm guessing.

Pretty tough sledding down here. The 10 cent supers are not making up for the short/low quality fields. (By low quality I mean non-competitive - lots of odds on winners - less bombs than in the past - drives savy bettors away). Tonite handle was around $1.3M - I arbitrarily checked a similar date last year (early April, Friday) and saw a $2.3 M handle. They do seem to be really popular though as they are infinitely more affordable to the beginner. I'm remaining optimistic (regarding the supers) although they may only mean a 30% - 40% boost in superfecta handle which won't really make a dent overall.

Buddha
04-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Is Mnr considering dime supers?

Not that I know of. I havent heard anything like that. I dont think it would be prudent for them only running 2 supers a night

ElKabong
04-09-2005, 03:19 PM
I dont think it would be prudent for them only running 2 supers a night

Agreed.