PDA

View Full Version : Russel Baze at Aquesduct Saturday

fouroneone
04-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Very Suprised that he only has his one mount.

You would think he would have many more.

Has he ever raced at AQU before?

Was it not announced on the overnights or something?

TOOZ
04-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Why would you be surprised he only has one mount when you look at who he's riding? He would follow that horse to China. Unless there's some 3200 claimer nw 1 last 6 that he would rather ride.

kenwoodallpromos
04-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Not sure, but he rides various layouts in CA. I just wonder if he will go for ITM if he is losing by the stretch or take it easy on the horse. I think if I were to bet on him it would be win position only.

fouroneone
04-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Why would you be surprised he only has one mount when you look at who he's riding? He would follow that horse to China. Unless there's some 3200 claimer nw 1 last 6 that he would rather ride.

I'm wondering why other trainers aren't trying to get him on their horses in the other races on the card

fouroneone
04-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Not sure, but he rides various layouts in CA. I just wonder if he will go for ITM if he is losing by the stretch or take it easy on the horse. I think if I were to bet on him it would be win position only.

Read that NYRA has cancelled show wagering for the race even though there is a 7 horse field

TOOZ
04-08-2005, 03:08 PM
I think KWP was being facetious.

fouroneone
04-08-2005, 03:16 PM
:bang:

kenwoodallpromos
04-09-2005, 12:58 AM
I just checled BM results on Equibase for the last 4 days- Baze rode about 15 non-winners and lost ground in the stretch in all but about 3 of them. FYI, I have not noticed Baze to be as agressive in the stretch as previous years, since last winter's injury and this past fall's suspension for whipping too much. Maybe it is my imagination; If the horse wins most likely it will be all due to the horse.
Baze still loves to be near the front but won't push it if he has an outer post unless the horse is a real speedball.

tonto1944
04-09-2005, 11:22 AM
No Show wagering ,that sucks. I usually put $20 to show on a horse who I feel has a good shot to finish in the money,and hope the 1/9 is out.It rarely happens but when it does you get some real good prices.It happened a few times this year and I made some nice money.I would have bet Attila's Storm or whitesocks for show.You never know when a horse might get bounced around or miss step or even might not want to run.
I have seen $80-90 dollar show prices when a 1/9 is out.But this year the biggest I had so far was $39 at the Big A inner and the othe was $29 out West.