PDA

View Full Version : New Software - FREE TRIAL

wally2001
04-25-2002, 03:46 AM
I have a new version of my speed ratings software on my site @ www.proformracing.com.

I am offering a free trial to anyone who downloads and registers the software so you can try it before you buy it.
Just go to the site and the home page explains all about the offer.

Cheers
Simon
www.proformracing.com

Dick Schmidt
04-25-2002, 04:45 AM
See, Ray, THIS is how you do it. Have enough confidence in your work to let people take a look.

Dick

andicap
04-25-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by wally2001
I have a new version of my speed ratings software on my site @ www.proformracing.com.

I am offering a free trial to anyone who downloads and registers the software so you can try it before you buy it.
Just go to the site and the home page explains all about the offer.

Cheers
Simon
www.proformracing.com

Tried going there and it said "under construction."

wally2001
04-25-2002, 04:58 PM
The site is up and working fine

Cheers
Simon

andicap
04-26-2002, 03:49 PM
Simon,
you cut your teeth on the U.K. How would your ratings translate to American racing? Can the same methods apply across the pond? (I don't see why not!)

Can you lend a little insight into how you calcuate your speed ratings. E.g. are they pars-based like a lot of the speed ratings over here?

Bruddah
04-26-2002, 04:50 PM
Simon, I also went to your site and it reads Under Construction. This was after your most recent post about the site working properly.

Bruddah

gjostad
04-26-2002, 05:31 PM
Same thing happened to me but if you use the second link from his original posting in this section, it should work ok.

wally2001
04-27-2002, 03:23 AM
Can't understand why the 2nd link is the only one that works, it is definitely www.proformracing.com

Anyway, here is the insight you asked for andicap.

I use a set of standard times for each distance for each track based on the class of each race.

The class of the race is worked out individually by track.

The standard times are calculated from the previous races from each track and adjusted for class for each distance.

The speed ratings themselves are then calculated from these standard times and once again adjusted for the class of each race and adjusted for the prevailing going each day using a going adjustment worked out from the races at that track each meeting.

This gives me the winners speed rating, the placed and unplaced horses are then worked out using a varying points deduction based on how far behind the winner they were and the distance of the race.

The pace times are worked out exactly the same way but against a separate set of standard pace times.

It is very similar to the way I work out the UK ratings and it works just as well.

Not many of you have tried it out, I was hoping for a few more people to try to get some feedback, it is free.

Regards
Simon

andicap
04-27-2002, 09:31 AM
If you type in the URL instead of using the link, it works.

andicap
04-27-2002, 09:32 AM
Can anyone tell me how this is different than the way BRIS does its par times since it is par-class based as well?

wally2001
05-03-2002, 03:56 AM
The ratings are now online for the Kentucky Oaks, remember anyone can have a free trial of $20 credit

Here are the top 3 rated for The Kentuck Oaks

81 - Take Charge Lady
80 - Bella Bellucci
79 - Ms Brookski

Cheers
Simon
www.proformracing.com

bill
05-03-2002, 02:06 PM
more would have tried but the url doesent work tried all suggestions still get page not found or caine display this page ?????

bill