PDA

View Full Version : $100,000 Free Pick Challenge

jorgie
04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Phoenix Greyhound Park is beginning a free challenge....I called and 'out of state' entries are welcome. Every Friday evening for the next 8 weeks (beginning tomorrow, 4/8) there will be a stakes race. Anyone picking all 8 winners will win $100,000, but if you lose a race, you're still in it for the $1,000 consolation prize for whoever picks the most winners out of the 8 races. With 8 greyhounds in each race, it's about a 17 million - 1 shot (or somewhat less if you can pick the doggies), but heck it's free! Maybe if enough people sign up, someone here will get lucky and win it!!!

Just a note: I have found stakes races (or top-level races) to be relatively random because these are all great dogs....they all have a shot in each race! Plus, any odds-on favorite can get his clock cleaned going around the first turn. Also, I personally have never had any success betting this distance....the races will be 685 yds (approx 7/16 mile, I believe???!!) Most dog races are 550 (5/16), and early speed tends to be important. With the 7/16 mile races, many more late speeders win it down the stretch. The early speeders tire out because they don't have a jockey with the foresight to "hold them back". They go balls to the wall from the gate and tucker out. Just a tip, no guarantees!!!!!! Good luck!
P.S. Many of the dogs entered will only have experience at the 550 distance, so analyzing their running style will be important!

www.phoenixgreyhoundpark.com (http://www.phoenixgreyhoundpark.com) Pdf file on the right side to fill out your pick for the 1st race, fax it in to (602) 273-6176