PDA

View Full Version : The Barber

ljb
04-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Just received this as an email.
----- Original

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill and the barber replies; "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week." The florist is pleased and leaves the shop.

Next morning when the barber goes to open, there is a thank you card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies; "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week." The cop is happy and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a thank you card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Later a Democrat comes in for a haircut and when he goes to pay his bill, the barber again replies; "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week." The
Democrat is very happy and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open, there is a thank you card and a dozen different books such as "How to improve your business" and "Becoming more successful."

Then a Republican comes in for a haircut and when he goes to pay his bill, the barber again replies; "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week." The Republican is very happy and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Repulicans lined up waiting for a free haircut.....

kenwoodallpromos
04-07-2005, 03:35 PM
A dozen Repubs were lined up; your Democrat is the only one in the USA that gets a haircut. lol.

DJofSD
04-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Good story.

I'd be one of those twelve. And likely a repeat customer in the future.

How many of the others would patronize the barber in the future?

DJofSD

Lefty
04-08-2005, 11:34 AM
lbj, trouble with libs doing humor is that there must at least be a semblence of truth in it. In this weak attempt, you clearly have the parties switched.
The Repubs are the ones that promote bus. and the Dems are the ones that push handouts. Better luck next time.

Kreed
04-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Republican politicos DO NOT understand business or money, IMO. They know how to do hanky panky with others' money. Spend it like drunken sailors.
Also, i have no proof of this, only my hunch, but i think the Big Players in ENRON, WORLDCOM, --- all businesmen & not politicians --- i think MOST
of them are active Republicans. I just cannot think of many Liberal Dems who would steal like that from ordinary USA citizens.

Tom
04-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Kreed.....no libs woul steal???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Call HBO...you need a half hour comedy special of your own! :D :D :D :D

Lefty
04-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Kreed, all businessmen are not Repubs. During Clinton adm they catered to Enron. When Bush got in he refused help to Enron. It's the Bush adm that is prosecuting the crooks.
Terry Mcauliffe made a fortune on Global Crossing stock. Then they went belly up. Gimme a brk

ponyplayer
04-10-2005, 10:31 AM
That is an old joke...but the parties have been reversed...that is how it makes sense. :D