PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Sartin Methodology? Brohamer?

fishorsechess
04-07-2005, 04:40 AM
I remember going to the Beaumont meetings where Howard
Sartin had a monthly meeting. Did the Sartin Methodology,
which was the hottest thing around back in 80's fall for
a reason? Or was it because the PIRCO group fell apart.
Like I remember Mithchell and Howard Sartin had a fall out.
What is the latest on Tom Brohamer?

First_Place
04-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Doc Sartin closed shop about two years ago due to health reasons. And also because his family members did not want to continue running the show.

There is a Yahoo! group where many of Sartin's student gather. Here's the link:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/VDCMessengerService/

Mitchell? I didn't know Dick Mitchell was associated with the Doc's group. Or do you mean Dick Schmidt?

FP

Houndog
04-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Dick Mitchell to my knowledge has never been directly associated with the Sartin Methodology. Some who have been teaching members with the Sartin group include, Dick Schmidt (he was also editor of the Follow-UP), Tom Brohamer, Michael Pizzolla, Tom Hambleton, Bob Purdy, Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw. Doc Sartin also used to have seminars in which other handicappers gave presentations. Dave Schwartz talked about money management and Huey Mahl was at a different seminar. Was also able to meet Tom Ainsle at a seminar in New Orleans. I used to like to go to these seminars not only for new information, but also for the entertainment value. Michael Pizzolla is an excellent magician. Sometimes they would have disagreements which is understandable since all good handicappers have egos.

With Doc Sartin's illness the group is not as active as in the past. Many of the instructors have moved on to other projects. The Yahoo group still has some members from the methodology.

kitts
04-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Actually, Mitchell and Sartin did have some joint projects but eventually went their separate ways. Mitchell has quoted Sartin in seminars. The "doc" had some good stuff going on at the time.

Lasix1
04-07-2005, 11:06 PM
I remember going to the Beaumont meetings where Howard
Sartin had a monthly meeting. Did the Sartin Methodology,
which was the hottest thing around back in 80's fall for
a reason? Or was it because the PIRCO group fell apart.
The truth is a lot more interesting than the replies you've gotten thus far and has been covered in the "Where Are They Now?" thread. It is the usual sad story of lies, greed, ego, treachery and betrayal. Read it and weep. :(

midnight
04-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Put simply: a lot of the guys in the old group got tired of doing all the work, while Doc made all the money. I know it's not as simple as that for every one of them, but that was one of the main gripes.

twobet
04-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Wher can I find the thread "Where are they now?"

Houndog
04-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Try doing a search on Tom Hambleton. You will get a thread with "Whatever happened to?" This maybe what you are looking for.

Lasix1
04-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Try doing a search on Tom Hambleton. You will get a thread with "Whatever happened to?" This maybe what you are looking for.
That's it. Thanks, Houndog.