PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Baseball Question

schweitz
04-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Does anybody know if National League farm teams use a DH or do the pitchers hit? If the pitchers hit are the Minor League teams in a league of only National League farm teams?

kenwoodallpromos
04-06-2005, 10:32 PM
This qoutes Major League Baseball rules and also says the NL is the only stinker!

BillW
04-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Sadly, being from Pittsburgh, I feel uniquely qualified to answer questions on minor league baseball. :bang:

I believe the NL is just about the only league not to use the DH.

Bill

schweitz
04-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Interesting---so National League farm team pitchers don't get to bat, but when they make the bigs they have to relearn against Major League pitchers. :faint:

toetoe
04-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Dr. Schweitzer,

Maybe I misunderstood, but I think the MAJOR Nat. Lg. is what he's saying. Every team outside those 13 or 14 is in another league.

schweitz
04-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Dr. Schweitzer,

Maybe I misunderstood, but I think the MAJOR Nat. Lg. is what he's saying. Every team outside those 13 or 14 is in another league.

Ok, now I am confused--Let me rephrase---Do the "A", "AA",or"AAA" farm teams of the MLB National League use the DH rule or not? If they do, then it has to be rough on the pitchers when they get called up.

kingfin66
04-07-2005, 01:04 AM
Schweitz,

ALL minor league teams at all levels of the minors use the DH. Pitchers never hit - EVER. How do I know? I spent 3 seasons as an umpire in the minor leagues.

OTM Al
04-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Yes, it is strange but true that all professional leagues in the US except for the National League have the DH

kenwoodallpromos
04-07-2005, 03:29 PM
How sensitive were you to joke off the ballfield?
As a fan I always directed my minor league comments towards the opposing manager. Stockton and San Jose, Cal league.

schweitz
04-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Schweitz,

ALL minor league teams at all levels of the minors use the DH. Pitchers never hit - EVER. How do I know? I spent 3 seasons as an umpire in the minor leagues.

Kingfin---Thanks

kingfin66
04-07-2005, 09:52 PM
How sensitive were you to joke off the ballfield?
As a fan I always directed my minor league comments towards the opposing manager. Stockton and San Jose, Cal league.

I'm not sure I understand the question Ken. Umps are generally very funny people. I umped in the Cal League, including Stockton and San Jose (also Modesto and Salina in the north).