PDA

View Full Version : Internet Horse Betting

sealord
04-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Hello all:

Thanks for your time. Quick question: who uses the internet to place your horse bets? What are the preferred websites, and does anybody have any horror stories to tell. I'm interested in handicapping from home, as I have no track nearby. Specifically the Triple Crown trail, which garners extensive coverage. I've heard of TVG, Ubet, Brisnet (or is that just handicapping tools), etc. Before I make the monetary plunge, I'd love to hear from you guys in the trenches. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

sjk
04-06-2005, 05:52 PM
I use Youbet and Xpressbet and have had good experience with both.

JustRalph
04-06-2005, 05:56 PM
www.winticket.com (http://www.winticket.com)

4th year.........never had a bit of trouble.

chickenhead
04-06-2005, 05:59 PM
I use Youbet, I like their site, but I have had problems getting on during big days, like TC and BC, so I go to the OTB for those. Could be just my machine...but Youbet works great for me the rest of the time, so I suspect them.

BillW
04-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Hello all:

Thanks for your time. Quick question: who uses the internet to place your horse bets? What are the preferred websites, and does anybody have any horror stories to tell. I'm interested in handicapping from home, as I have no track nearby. Specifically the Triple Crown trail, which garners extensive coverage. I've heard of TVG, Ubet, Brisnet (or is that just handicapping tools), etc. Before I make the monetary plunge, I'd love to hear from you guys in the trenches. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Jeff,

It may depend as much on your state of residence as the input you get here. I use Brisbet (vs. Brisnet which is their data website). I have had no problems at all in the last 3 years or so. It's a good thing as no other online service is available in Tx. BTW Brisbet is part of the AmericaTab network. Good luck and welcome to the site.

Bill

hurrikane
04-06-2005, 08:50 PM
brisbet, americatab, winticket. All the same place. Safe with some nice perks if you use bris data.

IMO xpressbet is the worst. min to post is never reliable, not robust, functionally deficient, and king of ugly.

Pinnacle if you are betting anything meaningful, regularly and are close to or are a winning player. Hell, for that matter if you're a losing player. The pay the rebate either way.