PDA

View Full Version : Simulcast Weekly

Tom
04-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Anyone have a copy they are done with? I missed the one that came out last week....4/2/05 date??

PM or email me if you have one yo would like to sell. I will probably need the nest 3-4 issues as well, as the only place in the area that carried them just stopped.

Thanks in advance.

Buddha
04-06-2005, 12:30 AM
you got mail

GMB@BP
04-09-2005, 12:24 PM
This is a bit off topic, and maybe old news, but in the near future you will be able to get the simulcast weekly over the net.

cj
04-09-2005, 12:58 PM
How do you know this GMB? Marc always said there wasn't a big enough market for it. Is it on the DRF site?

Tom
04-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Maybe too many outlets are dropping it. It doesn't have widespread distribution.

GMB@BP
04-11-2005, 03:20 PM
How do you know this GMB? Marc always said there wasn't a big enough market for it. Is it on the DRF site?

i thought I heard that from "the little guy", will confirm it, maybe I am wrong. sorry

the little guy
04-11-2005, 10:31 PM
It is my understanding that they hope to have it available on-line within the year.

BillW
04-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Great to hear - I hope they split the publication cost savings with the subscribers also :).

the little guy
04-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Truthfully, if you use Formulator-4, there is little need for charts weekly, as the days charts are available from every horse's PPs.

Tom
04-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Great to hear - I hope they split the publication cost savings with the subscribers also :).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I want some of what YOU are smoking!:D :D :D :D

Tom
04-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Truthfully, if you use Formulator-4, there is little need for charts weekly, as the days charts are available from every horse's PPs.

The Winner's Book is the most valuable feature for me. When I look at charts, it is well befroe the day of the races - looking a F4 charts has little use to me. My work is done within a day or two of the actual race. Actually, F4 is not worht the pricne for my uses.

I would love to see SW on line, but DRF also was going to come out with pace figures, what, two years ago?

I am not holding my breath on this one.

Zaf
04-11-2005, 11:08 PM
I would love to see SW on line, but DRF also was going to come out with pace figures, what, two years ago?

Do you think Pace Figures are actually important :rolleyes: ?

ZAFONIC

the little guy
04-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Gee Tom, I'm shocked that you responded in a negative light.

The entire point I was making was that charts are accessable through Formulator-4, and thus the need for Chart's Weekly is at the very least lessened if one uses Formulator-4, though hearing about your handicapping techniques was an unexpected bonus...at least for me.

the little guy
04-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Of course, Tom has no idea the time and effort that has been put into trying to make effective pace figures, and the main reason that DRF hasn't used them is probably that they have been unable to effectively find a way to create RELIABLE ones.

Though Tom would be much happier if they made inaccurate ones, as that would give him even more to complain about.

BillW
04-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Though Tom would be much happier if they made inaccurate ones, as that would give him even more to complain about.

I'd be happy too ... cha-ching! :lol:

cj
04-12-2005, 03:53 AM
TLG,

I can't prove this, but I think the Beyer numbers are the main reason there have been no pace figures. Any pace numbers would have to be on the Beyer scale to make sense and keep customers able to understand them. That said, anytime the Beyer guys "project" a race, there is a possibility that the reason for the projection was caused by an extreme pace. I know this happens many times.

Any way you look at it, the pace figures and the speed figures have to be made together, or you are going to get some really strange looking numbers from time to time. Maybe Beyer has no interest in doing pace numbers, maybe he wants too much, who knows. But if you want quality pace numbers alongside the speed numbers, the Beyer guys would have to be involved.

the little guy
04-12-2005, 06:15 AM
I know the answer, and will most likely give it when I actually wake up, and find out if it's public information. But, it's not some sort of conspiracy. I realize around here most people seem to think just about everything is, even though it virtually never is.

cj
04-12-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm not saying there was any conspiracy or anything, I'm just saying it really wouldn't be feasible without the cooperation of the Beyer guys, or without getting rid of them. Does this make sense?

the little guy
04-12-2005, 09:49 AM
I meant to say I wasn't referring to you.

Yes, obviously if there are to be pace figures, it makes perfect sense that Beyer Associates would be the ones to make them. Not only are they DRF's fig makers, but one would like to think if two figures were presented, they would be compatible.

cj
04-12-2005, 10:45 AM
I hope they decide not to pursue it :)

Tom
04-12-2005, 08:47 PM
"Though Tom would be much happier if they made inaccurate ones, as that would give him even more to complain about."

Try a pencil to work that bug out of your ass. You have not a clue what you are talking about, which seems to be your usual. DRF (Marc) was the one who told us about theses nifty pace figs coming out after the preakness two years ago. Have YOU seen them yet? Never mind-don't answer. You just becvame number 6 on my list of posters who have contributed nothing worth reading and are not worth the bother to read anymore.

GMB@BP
04-13-2005, 12:05 AM

The Formulator chart features are easily the most valuable asset of that software, the ability to list next race finishes and look at the beyers of those horses is a very nice tool.

I just cant get used to having, A) no pace figures in the pp, and B) not have the race speed figure par

the little guy
04-13-2005, 08:25 AM
"Though Tom would be much happier if they made inaccurate ones, as that would give him even more to complain about."

Try a pencil to work that bug out of your ass. You have not a clue what you are talking about, which seems to be your usual. DRF (Marc) was the one who told us about theses nifty pace figs coming out after the preakness two years ago. Have YOU seen them yet? Never mind-don't answer. You just becvame number 6 on my list of posters who have contributed nothing worth reading and are not worth the bother to read anymore.If I have a bug in my ass Tom, then you're harboring Punxsutawney Phil up yours, at least when it comes to DRF.

And by the way, please print the other five on that vaunted list, as they're posters I definitely want to pay attention to.