PDA

View Full Version : Drug Trainers & Detention Barns

DrugSalvastore
04-05-2005, 02:54 PM
I find it very amusing how naive people can be on the subject of trainers juicing horses. Both of my parents trained horses--my father still tells stories about his successful betting coups when his horses raced on performance enhancing drugs such as sublimaze or ritalin.

I'm a regular poster on the AOL board, the Philly Park super trainer Steve Krebs came on the board insisting that Scott Lake is the best trainer in America. When he was told that Lake is a juicer, he replied by saying "Oh yea, like Bobby Frankel is really legit." That would be an unimportant quote by Krebs, IF IT WASN'T FOR THE FACT THAT HE WAS SCOTT LAKE'S OLD TOP ASSISTANT TRAINER! They teamed up the year Lake came within one vote of winning the eclipse award.

I hope detention barns do the trick. The longest losing streak that Jeff Mullins had in 2004 was 17 races. While in the detention barn at SA, he put up a 26 race losing streak from Feb. 11th-to-Feb 27th. Hopefully they solve the problem.

DrugSalvastore
04-05-2005, 04:32 PM
I hope detention barns do the trick. The longest losing streak that Jeff Mullins had in 2004 was 17 races. While in the detention barn at SA, he put up a 26 race losing streak from Feb. 11th-to-Feb 27th. Hopefully they solve the problem.

I should clear one thing up about that--that big losing streak didn't just consist of horses racing at SA...Mullins lost with several horses who shipped out of SA and ran at FG, Turf Par, and No Cal over that losing streak from 2/11 to 2/27

kenwoodallpromos
04-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Are you saying all his assistants dope horses or not?
If dope was that prevalent and worked as well as many think it does a lot more longshot would win on faster track when they actually win more on slower track days. What % of winners do you claim is probably winning by performance enhancing drugs?
What effect did the ritalin have?
I am trying to comform my theory that Mullin's latest losing streak was due not to being clean but to the horses missing their companion barn animals.