PDA

View Full Version : Gambler's Emporium

John
04-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Anyone ever hear of Gambler's Emporium in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

I received a flier from a guy named Author Stanley who claimed to be an owner/trainer and thoroughbred handicapping author.

In the 3nd paragraph he says,He has an angle that he is going to release for the first time.He showed results of his angle picks $113.40,..$74.20 and $39.40.

Hold on Guys /Girls, these picks are all months apart from each other. Can you imagine that He is asking $100.00 for an ANGLE.

This is what a handicapping/author has to offer.Gee,you would think he could have said, booklet and not an angle.

Well, if anyone buys it.My curious mind would like to know a angle that is worth a Hundred bucks.

Please inform us

SAL
04-05-2005, 11:18 AM
It's worth a lot more than that if it produces a positive ROI.

Problem is, I don't think there is any ONE angle that can do this, when applied to all races. So more than likely you'd be wasting your money in this case.

Zaf
04-05-2005, 12:30 PM
I used to receive e-mails from them, just about every week with claims such as that. They must of pitched me 100's of can't lose systems.

ZAFONIC

Secretariat
04-05-2005, 12:46 PM
My understanding of an angle is that it does NOT play every race, but is limited in its subset of plays. However, I beleive Sal is saying it still must cover a substantial number of races to validate it.

I do beleive in angles that are profitable as I have found a few (which by the way I keep to myself), however, they are track specific. In fact someone who relies on a trainer performance specialty situation is in essence appying an angle generally based on a very small number of races. But if you can test an angle at a track against about four years and it still shows a positive ROI I think you've in essence done the same thing an investor does on the market or a purchaser of a mutual fund. You are weighing Risk versus Performance with of course no guarantee of future success.

As to this guy I would tread wearily. If in fact it was as good as he says I doubt he would be publishing it. My guess is it is like some of Dan Speller's or Dan Geer's methods which may show a "backfitted" month of plays with some boxcar blowouts that would collapse against an independent sample test. The danger of asking for a guarantee refund is that most likely it is a PO Box, and you'll never see the money again. Some unprofitable angles are interesting to purchase though in that they provide "ideas" and with some work can be improved upon.

Angle Capping versus Comprehensive Handicapping is a choice players make. Comprehensive Handicapping "feels" more complete because you are analyzing quantitatively and intutitively all of the data persented whereas angle capping is building in a fixed set of parameters based on sound handicapping principles. I used to be a comrpehensive handicapper, but have converted because of time, and the abiltiy to easily evaluate the success of failure of a method.

John
04-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah Secretariat, your right, P.o. box No web site or no telephone.

I re-read the flier. The author showed two good payoffs in 2005 and the other payoff went all the way back to October 2004

But, you bring up a good question? Can a handicapper be profitabile just playing an angle or a bunch of angles.I like angles and always look for
" owner/breeder/ trainer angle." I see a lot of good prices with that angle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zafonic, I guess they are just another gin mill,huh

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2005, 08:35 PM
The mill probably came up with something that backfitted to those big winners...forward testing will probably drain your bankroll....

Zaf
04-05-2005, 09:25 PM
I re-read the flier. The author showed two good payoffs in 2005 and the other payoff went all the way back to October 2004

:lol: Reminds me of Let it Ride , " Had the Daily Double " :lol:

Yes John just another mill.

ZAFONIC

John
04-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Gee PA, Are we that gullible as horseplayer's that we are willing to believe that an angle can make us a winner. I don't know about you but a hundred dollars is a lot of money to me to pay for what the author said, "You can bet the races ten minutes after studying the method."

Sounds like the angle rules fits on a sheet of paper,followed by 23 race charts as examples.

Oh, I just read the last line, refund [ less $10.00 processing fee ]

That tells me that the angle is worth $10.00 only.

kenwoodallpromos
04-06-2005, 12:49 AM
You wrote that the first name is "Author"? WOW! :D

John
04-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Kenwood, thanks for the heads-up. First name is :bang: Arthur

BeatTheChalk
04-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Havent seen much from them lately....Oh .they dont have a damn thing
that works. IMHO of course.

John
04-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Beatthechalk

So they are a gin mill on the rebound, or ready to shut down for good. I would still like to know a angle that is worth $100.00. I promised my self all week that I would bet @ $2.00 dollar DD a day that will pay at least $100.00 So I can send for the damm thing.

My courious mind whats to know how an angle could be worth that much. :rolleyes:

John

trying2win
06-15-2005, 07:49 PM
I got the same flier in the mail lately from an alleged "professional horseplayer" named Arthur Stanley. He states he's going to let Gambler's Emporium handle all his orders. The name of his method is ENERGEX. What do I think of his pitch? It'll be going in the recycle bag shortly.

T2W

NoDayJob
06-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Havent seen much from them lately....Oh .they dont have a damn thing
that works. IMHO of course.

:lol: It surely works well ($$$$.$$) for them. As long as there are chumps...... :lol:

NDJ