PDA

View Full Version : LIKE THE WAY THEY LAID HIM OUT.

JustMissed
04-03-2005, 09:42 PM
I really like the way they laid the Pope out.

Why spent all that money on a casket when that money could go to help poor folks out.

Kinda neat the way they have the 'foot stops' at the bottom of his feet.

Many may not know that there are nails driven from the footstops into his shoe heels to keep his toes pointed upward.

My mother's aunt and uncle owned a funeral home and I used to work there in the summers when I was a kid. I should write a book about that experience.

I can't fault those undertakers for trying to make a nice living but $6-10K for a funeral is obscene.

I remember hearing Uncle Utley saying that the hardest thing he ever had to do was to keep from smiling at a $3,500 funeral. :lol:

If you think about it, what would be wrong with getting a piece of 4x8 exterior plywood at Home Depot and laying out your love one like they are doing the Pope?

The more I hear about Pope John, he was a pretty neat guy.

JM

kenwoodallpromos
04-03-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm for renting coffins and re-using them but they will creamate (sic) me.

boxcar
04-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Did anyone catch the big FNC faux pas caption late this morning (depending on where you are, of course)...the cameras were on the pope's bier as it was en route to St. Peter's Basilica. The caption on the bottom of the screen read:

POPE'S BODY MOVING

If anyone got a screen capture of this caption, please email it to me or post it here.

Thanks,
Boxcar

Bobby
04-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Did anyone catch the big FNC faux pas caption late this morning (depending on where you are, of course)...the cameras were on the pope's bier as it was en route to St. Peter's Basilica. The caption on the bottom of the screen read:

POPE'S BODY MOVING

If anyone got a screen capture of this caption, please email it to me or post it here.

Thanks,
Boxcar

are u crazy?

boxcar
04-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Bobby wrote:

are u crazy?

Hey...I wasn't the one who broadcasted the caption over the airwaves, okay? If you have issues with it, complain to FNC. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

freeneasy
04-05-2005, 06:43 PM
you got me laughing already. in a syterical kinda way it is bit funny. i mean in the midst of all the carefully placed attention that the pope is receiving you see this seemingly out of place oddball sign at his feet that says 'popes body moving'. i kinda get this comical impression that its better then a sign saying something like "pope coming thru'. funny not so funny i dont know. he was a man of true and valueable convictions.

highnote
04-07-2005, 01:17 AM
Knowing the people in the TV control room, they were probably laughing the whole time the message was up. If you're a TV director calling the shots, it's probably not the most exciting show you've directed. Not exactly the Super Bowl.

PA,
BTW I love the add at the bottom of this board: "Cherish Your Loved Ones -- Create a Memorial Site".