PDA

View Full Version : SA quaterhorse racing

linrom1
04-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Has anyone noticed that during the past two days out of 20 races carded only two were routes. I have a suggestion for Magna Entertainment, why don't you move to Los Alomitos and let Hollywood run their meet at SA.

GMB@BP
04-03-2005, 05:43 PM
they have to card what will "fill"

with todays pedigrees this will be standard for alll races. in the future the derby will be a 1 1/16th with all the preps at a mile

kenwoodallpromos
04-03-2005, 11:08 PM
I undersdtand but am not too surprized. But thanks for the extreme example that makes the point.
I would like to know what % of SA trainers are former Quarterhorse trainers?

plainolebill
04-04-2005, 01:12 AM
Has something to do with the racing secretary too. Hollywood isn't a lot better but they run about half as many of the 5.5f dirt sprints as Del Mar and SA.

rrbauer
04-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Has anyone noticed that during the past two days out of 20 races carded only two were routes. I have a suggestion for Magna Entertainment, why don't you move to Los Alomitos and let Hollywood run their meet at SA.

Between the gate-crew's inability to cleanly load and control the participants prior to the start; and, the stewards' inability to view a head-on 65 times and determine that a bump at the head of the lane affected (or didn't affect) the finish; and, the lack of lights for the last race, SA has had to hurry through their cards to get them in. Now, with the switch to daylight time, there is less of a time-management problem. That will become evident when they "stretch out" the baby races from two to three furlongs!