PDA

View Full Version : Pace programs?

Stealth
04-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Is there a program out there that is similar to Brohamer's "Modern Pace Handicapping" that uses Bris files?

garyoz
04-03-2005, 01:42 PM
You might want to check out Multicaps, available from Bris for free and this month they are offering 3 free files and 20 archive files. If you aren't tied to Bris files you should check out HTR.

delayjf
04-04-2005, 03:07 PM
I may be wrong, but I believe that MPH on the trackmaster website uses either trackmaster, bris or tsn files or both.

midnight
04-04-2005, 04:05 PM
HTR evolved from Brohammer's MPH , so if you're looking for a program that is similar to MPH, that would be where to go.

delayjf
04-04-2005, 05:23 PM
I agree, htr is the way to go and I would recommend that program as well, my only point was that Brohamers program did use bris files or so I thought.

Houndog
04-04-2005, 06:47 PM
I think it depends if you are a week-end player or everyday player. Multicaps and Pro-Caps are pretty much the same program. One being BRIS and the other TSN. The velocity screens gives you Brohamer type velocity figures.

HTR also has Brohamer velocity readouts. KM from what I understand also did the programing for MPH. The original MPH is still available from Trackmaster last time I checked. The key to this is how much you want to pay for downloads. You can get a deal on Multi-Caps and Pro-Caps if you are a silver club or preferred member. ($30 minimum). You could also check into the TSN advantage plan which gives you access to other files and has un-limited downloads. I wish Mult-Caps and Pro-Caps would use the cheaper DRF downloads.

BRIS and TSN both have a promo for 3 free files this month. I guess you could check out both. The modeling feature in Multi-Caps is to restrictive as it wants to break down races to the exact distance, class,etc. Unless you have a huge database of races you will not get many races to model.

If you can afford the monthly download fee I would have to say that HTR is the best of the Brohamer velocity programs that I have seen. I have never spoken or met KM but by going on his web site I get the impression that he is very accessible and professional in his dealings with clients. Hope this helps.

Stealth
04-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Thanks for everyone's help

Richard
04-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Another possibly is Ray Taulbot's Pace Computer which uses BRIS $1.00 files and can be purchased at www.americanturf.com.

grahors
04-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Richard,
Do you use Taulbot's pace computer?? I have for some years and use it along with some other Bris fig ideas and have had pretty good luck. I don't like the idea that there is no track to track equalization. That is why I am trying to use bris pace figs for pace of race in place of raw times. The program already uses Bris spd figs. It's basically a good theory in that it tries to determine how well a horse ran to a particular pace. Any ideas on how you use it would be helpful.
Grahors

Richard
04-11-2005, 06:37 PM
No,I use the old venerable slide-rule.I also have a copy of the old DOS version of the Pace Calculator as well as the companion program that figures the AMER-VAR rating.Sent to me by another member of this board(Wes,I believe).Give me your E-mail address and I'll send them to you,if you like.