PDA

View Full Version : Printer suggestions appreciated!

TimesTheyRAChangin
04-03-2005, 05:14 AM
This probably is more suited to someone who has to print out a lot of reports after their handicapping is concluded,or maybe even during.My printer has bit the dust!A Canon BJC5100 I bought 4 or 5 years ago.I only am concerned with b&w,and I use it a lot as I also do a quite a bit of eBay buying & selling,so I print every transaction for my hardcopy records.But I'll also be printing the programs for the harness tracks I'll be wagering at.That could be from 2 to 6 cards a day.Anyone have any recomendations?What do you use?

cj
04-03-2005, 05:33 AM
Buy a laser, they are much cheaper than when you probably last bought a printer. It will pay for itself over an inkjet in no time.

You can easily get a Black and White for less than $150, and I've seen color lasers for under $250.

betchatoo
04-03-2005, 11:11 AM
If you do a lot of printing, I highly recommend a Kyocera. I do a high volume each month and my previous laser printers (2 HP and 3 Brothers) worked well. But within a year they would need a new drum and the replacement cost was the same as buying a new printer. The Kyocera is a little more expensive (I found mine on sale for just under $400) but it lasts much longer. It is sometimes called the world's most efficient printer. In my case I have found it to be true.

andicap
04-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I have a Samsung ML 1740 b&w laser that is very good. Fast and pretty inexpensive. You can find one online for under $100 pretty easily and you can refill the cartridges a few times so the ink isn't expensive. Easy to set up and use. I recommend it.

Buddha
04-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I echo andicaps comments. I got one before christmas for $99.99 and you can get toner refils for like $5 on ebay and refill it yourself a few times to save on the $70 cartridge, or something to that extent, maybe they arent quite that expensive

TimesTheyRAChangin
04-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the input,guys.I'm still uncertain which way to go.
The least expensive Kyocera up here(Toronto) is around $600.00 CAD!
I believe a laserjet is still the right way to go.Just which one depends on what is available when I purchase my new PC.

betchatoo
04-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Here is the site where I got the absolute best prices on a Kyocera

http://www.pcandl.com/kyocera/kyocera_FS1020d.htm

Hope it helps