PDA

View Full Version : Bass Friggin Akwards to WIN [cj]

sidvicious
03-31-2005, 09:03 PM
the angels watch from above.

i went to cj's site, then bet 4 races. i was just jacking around at the office having just finished a jury trial, not wanting to do any serious handicapping.

i hit 3 WINNERS. that's 3 of 4. only thing is, i was reading the free figures BACKWARDS. NO SHIT. i was using the oldest speed figures to make the picks.

as you can imagine the payoffs were very good.

sometimes, its good to be oblivious.

sv-

Kreed
03-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Hey SV ... God Save The Queen ... i like Steve Jones better but then Johnny R,
and (i cant recall their names) were great singers too ... amazing raw talent.

Zaf
03-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Mercy - Steve Jones

Pretty Cool Tune :cool:

ZAFONIC

BIG RED
03-31-2005, 09:56 PM
How bout Davy Jones, :kiss:

jots
04-01-2005, 05:33 PM
That's funny Sid :D Reminds me of the time I went to the simulcast one year at LS right after work on a Friday before the Kentucky Derby. Each year where I work I start talking the Derby up pretty good during the week and offer to pick up wagers for everyone on Friday. It's a pretty good way to promote horse racing because even if they have $2 on a horse it's still fun for them and gets them to watch the race (now if I could just get 'em a winner :rolleyes: ) . Anyway I go to the track and get everybody's wager and figure I'll have a quick beer. Well, I lean on this table where nobody's at to drink my beer and watch the big screen and there's a racing form there. So I pick it up and look at the next race at CD and can't believe the obvious choice is 5 to 1 on the board. I double check the form because I can't believe the odds and still looks like a can't miss. So off to the window I go, make a $10 wager, get back to the table about the time they load the gate. Take one more look at the form and then realize it's the racing form from the day before! Boy I felt like a dummy :D . Well, that horse ran like a rocket! Wired the field and I collected my $50 profit and we all had a good laugh at work the next week. :D

sidvicious
04-01-2005, 08:58 PM
jots, i can dig that. good story. collect and run, and act like you knew what you were doing the entire time.

cheers,

sv-