PDA

View Full Version : MaxToter on ebay

timtam
03-29-2005, 02:20 AM
There is an new item on ebay concerning toteboard data

I have no connection with this product but i've read where some members on the board have talked about it. Hope this helps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50133&item=5180350357&rd=1

Maxspa
03-29-2005, 11:04 AM
TimTam,
Max Toter has been developed by ADK Coders the same people that developed MaxCapper! I don't know the specifics about this program or whether it will help handicappers utilize the toteboard efficiently. However, these guys are filled with handicapping ideas and it may be to our advantage to monitor their products to see if it fits into our handicapping scheme.
Maxspa

betovernetcapper
03-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Looks like a starter version of ATR-decent price for a stand alone tote program but would be concerened about updates as online toteboards change their coding. Wonder who's going to try it, hm...........

Maxspa
03-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Betovernetcapper,
Someone else's turn to evaluate a new product! There is also a new Sartin type calculator that the Pitak Group from Vermont has developed. They claim to have a better formula for Energy usage. This program will probably be on e-bay as well.
Maxspa

burt
03-29-2005, 01:03 PM
anybody receive pitch on new longshot program comeing out in april they are looking for preorders? anybody hered anything about this program it uses bris files.

midnight
03-29-2005, 01:37 PM
I used to do tote analysis, before too many people jumped on it and negated its value (if any).

Maxtote sounds interesting, especially if any track on the list can be viewed quickly and on demand (mouse-click), one thing ATR doesn't do easily.

Diamond K
03-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Max

How can I get in touch with the Pitak Group regarding the Sartin type program? From previous posts regarding them I think you said they may not have a website.

Maxspa
03-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Diamond,
The web site is www.sports-bet-advantage.com. Under the drop down menu, Thoroughbred Racing, you will see the products they have developed. The Sartin Method Pro Calculator is the one I mentioned. I haven't used it so I can't comment on its effectiveness.
Maxspa

andicap
03-30-2005, 05:00 PM
I see there were about half a dozen requests for the Help Files.
Did those ALL come from PA posters? Undoubtedly

PA, you're missing the boat -- MaxToter should be paying YOU instead of you providing them with free traffic to their e-bay auction.

:D

andicap
03-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Here's what they say about energy.
Very interested in your take.

http://www.sports-bet-advantage.com/sartpro2.htm

socantra
03-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Wow! I always thought Doc Sartin's grasp of Physics was a little shaky in spots, but this new version of energy puts his creativity to shame. Perhaps they don't understand that the "c" in Einstein's theory refers to the constant for the speed of light.

I understand that there are some scientists who claim that the speed of light may not be a constant, but I've never heard anyone else try to relate it to large animals running 35-40 miles an hour.

That being said, if the math is better than the Physics, its not a bad price for a basic old Sartin Phase Three calculator from the eighties, should anyone have need of such a thing. Its already built in to half the programs on the market

socantra...

P.S: I don't know a lot about Physics either. but I don't just make it up as I go along.

Tom Barrister
03-31-2005, 01:12 AM
Energy is actually proportional to the square of the velocity

Kinetic energy is propotional to the square of the velocity, but they're comparing apples to oranges by making their %E ratio to the square of the two FPS ratings.

Partsnut
03-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Re: Sartin Method Pro calculator

It seems as though the price is right and after examining the sample race file at their site, there might be some merit in their numbers. However, it did seem strange that the sample race they are using is from a race that had a $139.00 winner and had not raced in the past 90 days and had no racing lines to analyze?? :confused: The second place horse did have good numbers to indicate it was a contender. It seem as if the the tool is a good value at the price.
So I took a shot at it and bought it today. :D

vtbob
03-31-2005, 12:29 PM
The use of Einstein's E=mc^2 is just a dramatization of the fact that kinetic energy, or the "energy of something in motion" varies with the mass of the object in motion and the square of its velocity. It's velocity doesn't have to be the speed of light to make the equation valid.

socantra
03-31-2005, 12:43 PM
I agree, the price is not bad, if you like looking at feet per second numbers. They don't appear to have any equalization or adjustment built in for distance or track to track or variant, and that's the hard part. At that price I'd be surprised if they did.

If you are buying BRIS or TSN data files, they have a FREE converter that will allow you to print out your past performances with the fractions broken out in seconds and fifths or tenths for each horse's running lines. I think I would find that easier to visualize, not to mention an even better price.

I guess it just depends on what makes more sense to you.

socantra...

Bruddah
03-31-2005, 01:44 PM
I really do appreciate the real 'Intelligencia' that posts on this site. I have picked up much information and knowledge by being a lurker (mostly). However, I have always considered handicapping to be more of an art form than rocket science. With the advent of Einstein's theory applied to horse racing, maybe I was wrong all these years. :confused: :D

Partsnut
03-31-2005, 02:55 PM
What I liked about the program was the printout which gaves you some information you will not get from the free program.
I've attached part of the sample file.
The raw numbers say alot and can be confirmed by using other programs I have accumulated.

I also use Velocity Generator which is adjusted for track to track equalization and track variant.
After all is said and done, I formulate an odds line (random) and look for 2-3 contenders. I try to perceive the "value" in the race.

"Value" is perceived in the eyes of the beholder.
"Different strokes for different folks". :eek:

timtam
04-01-2005, 06:35 AM
The Maxtoter is no longer for sale so the ebay auction has ended!

????????? any thoughts ??????????????????

socantra
04-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Guess no one wanted to shell out the money to see if it worked or not. At The Races Pro does allow a demo to see if it meets your needs. I also echo the thoughts of betovernetcapper. These are high maintanence programs. At the Race's lease concept gives me a little more assurance they will be there to keep the program working, and they have had to put out many many updates to cover data changes.

socantra...

upstate
04-01-2005, 10:36 AM
This is my first post because I only joined today. I am the developer of MaxToter and MaxCapper, and I thought I should explain what happened with MaxToter. I do so with hesitation because I do not want to appear to be promoting or pushing anything...but here's what happened. Worked long and hard to develop MaxToter and the Help facility, tested it extensively, listed it on eBay and got a lot of positive reactions (via email). While continuing to test I noticed intermittent failures based on what I believe to be changes in the provider's protocol. I had anticipated this to be an ongoing maintenance issue that I was prepared to deal with, but did not want to cause any customers grief out of the box. Based on the reponse I will continue to try to work things out with the interface and remain committed to providing good service on MaxCapper. I hope this didn't cause too much confusion.

GameTheory
04-01-2005, 10:45 AM
What toteboard are you using? My home-grown tote browser has been using the Racing Channel (betting account required) for years now without a hitch. There are always going to be glitches sometimes, of course -- server overload, internet problems, whatever. You just have to be able to recover from them...

midnight
04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
You need to have it use Philadelphia Park or RacingChannel. Both requiree a user account. Philadelphia Park won't require a minimum bet per week.

BRIS is constantly fooling with their protocol, and it's very unstable anyway.

If you have it use Philadelphia Park, you need to emulate a browser login to get a cookie. After it has its cookie, that's good as long as the program is open. If you do use Philadelphia Park, be sure the program won't access the site more often than every 10 seconds, or they might ban the IP for excess requests.

GameTheory
04-01-2005, 12:28 PM
If you have it use Philadelphia Park, you need to emulate a browser login to get a cookie. After it has its cookie, that's good as long as the program is open. If you do use Philadelphia Park, be sure the program won't access the site more often than every 10 seconds, or they might ban the IP for excess requests.There is generally no more than 1 update per 60 seconds for any given pool. However, sometimes on the WPS pools, it will update W, but not P & S (for example), which will come shortly afterward.

Houndog
04-01-2005, 02:07 PM
For less than $25.00 and the fact that it uses BRIS DL makes it a good deal. I agree it is pretty much PHASE III from the Sartin Mehodology and does not make adjustments which in some cases may be a good thing. Sometimes seeing the race raw without adjustments is better. Anyone familiar with MPH by Brohamer should have no problems with the readouts. Anyone with a calculator could make these calculations which is about as fun as raising guppies. (One of Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's sayings).

I have some of the older Sartin Phase III programs and manual entry can be very tedious. Before simulcasting manual entry was not a big deal since you were playing one track. Although this is PHASE III they are at least not trying to pass it off as their own work and charging hundreds of dollars for it as past so called innovators and "value-guys."

midnight
04-02-2005, 03:46 AM
GT: I'm not referring to updating any given pool. Any program that accesses Phonebet shouldn't query anywhere on the entire site more often than every 10 seconds.

GameTheory
04-02-2005, 11:15 AM
GT: I'm not referring to updating any given pool. Any program that accesses Phonebet shouldn't query anywhere on the entire site more often than every 10 seconds.That I don't understand. Just having the WPS and Exacta pool open in your regular browser for a single track will cause that. If you are following several tracks, they will all send in requests around the same time. I never request the same page twice in quick succession (which isn't neccessary as I was saying), but I have never had a problem requesting multiple pages. If I was limited to a total of 6 pages per minute, I wouldn't even be able to follow the pools...