PDA

View Full Version : PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE ALGORYTHMS

hoarsebet
03-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Hello everyone, I spoke with a science professor today who told me the following, he has created a software algorythm that can track a trainer's intent.

I will actually quote him,

"the software scans the data and discovers horses that are live, but amazingly drift higher and higher as post time approaches. It is because the intent of the connections are hidden from the public."
"we also utilize a, psychology that has been programmed into our software that discovers horses that the public will reject. Thus adding to the leverage of the system."

Does anyone think this is possible and would work?

sidvicious
03-28-2005, 08:02 PM
i suspect its the same old form chase; the holy grail.

raybo
03-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Did he try to sell it to you? If not, maybe it has some merit, otherwise, I'd have to see it to believe it. Many of us have worked on this angle over the years, some of us very hard! I think that probably all the various approaches to this have been explored, if it only includes data available to the public. Have him join the discussion and let's see what he's got.

raybo
03-28-2005, 08:19 PM
By "trainer intent", I assume you mean: Is he trying to win, or just get in the money, or is he wondering about the horse's current form, or is it a prep for a coming race, or is it just a workout, etc? That is something most of us try to decern before committing any money in a wager. I consider myself a form handicapper primarily as I hold the opinion that form decides current class, speed, and pace abilities. If this guy really has the answer, he will soon be very rich if he knows how to manage money.

hoarsebet
03-28-2005, 08:26 PM
It truly is an amazing story. The guy is from the old Soviet block, came to this country and got interested in horse racing. I met him at a OTB parlor in N.Y.

Have been exchanging idea's ever since. He has had a partnership with a gentleman that died this past summer. So I am thinking of providing funding to bring this software public.

GameTheory
03-28-2005, 08:40 PM
It truly is an amazing story. The guy is from the old Soviet block, came to this country and got interested in horse racing. I met him at a OTB parlor in N.Y.

Have been exchanging idea's ever since. He has had a partnership with a gentleman that died this past summer. So I am thinking of providing funding to bring this software public.If you do that, you'll be "amazed" at how you never see a dime of it back...

sidvicious
03-28-2005, 08:41 PM
sounds like total bullshit to me.

soviet block. dead partner. funding!

all of this is to add luster to algorythms?

bullshit.

in the old days of internet forums, this post is what you'd call a flame.

sv-

hurrikane
03-28-2005, 08:48 PM
one born every minute.

midnight
03-28-2005, 08:51 PM
I don't see how trainer intent can be programmed into software, unless the author is going to program each trainers moves into the software on an individual basis.

raybo
03-28-2005, 09:23 PM
"I don't see how trainer intent can be programmed into software, unless the author is going to program each trainers moves into the software on an individual basis."

That's been tryed and done already. Nothing new there. I don't see how he can improve on what has been done in the past concerning trainer moves/intent unless he is accessing something unavailable to the public.

Sabe
03-29-2005, 05:20 AM
Horshack, Haven't we been through this before? I believe it was a thread that you started a while back - "MASS FEAR LONGSHOT SOFTWARE?". One day you "got a letter" and the next day you were "speaking to a science professor". Granted, these make beautiful stories. What is it that you're selling? Fess up! Quit yanking our chain!!

hoarsebet
03-29-2005, 07:38 AM
Mr. Sabe,

This is an exchange of idea's. I have exchanged letters with this man. He attended the races years back in Moscow. He came to this country and is a man who chaired a whole dept. now is a regular college professor.

He is a sincere man who I believe is doing some unbelieveable ground-breaking work. I thought it would be a good idea to get some input from some experienced people.

I worked on Wall Street for 25 years and retired, I play the races full-time and currently use three sources of information, the sheets, htrf, pace appraiser.

This idea has the potential to be a tremendous addition to any handicapper. I actually have booked a flight on friday and am considering buying the rights to his work for a sum of around $10,000.

This man is sincere, legitimate and hard-working. If anyone wants to discuss these idea's further maybe its better to do it offline. My email address is hoarsebet@aol.com