PDA

View Full Version : Bris Back Speed and Back Class

Myhorse1_X
04-22-2002, 05:45 PM
To all those who use the BRIS reports--

What is the Bris "Back Speed" and what is the Bris "Back Class"
Does anyone have any idea how they are calculated, or has a good guess how they are calculated?.

I am doing some research and I am using the BloodStock Plus 3 reports and I am wondering how these are calculated. Bloodstock's Library is not very clear on how this is done.

Thanks

MyHorse1

Myhorse1_X
04-23-2002, 03:50 PM
I can answer my own question now.

Back Speed-The Best speed rating in the last 12 months at or near the same distance as today, and the same surface.

Back Class-The Best Class Rating in the last 12 months at or near today's distance as today, and the same surface.

Answered by Bloodstock Research.

GameTheory
04-23-2002, 04:51 PM
I did a lot of experiments on the BRIS summary factors. Outside of the "Prime Power" rating, I found most predictive was Back Speed (depends also on type of race); most value was Current Class. Combining the top couple Early Pace Last Race with the top couple Late Pace Last Race makes for great exacta combos. Horses that were tops in all categories were often false favorites running up the field...

ridersup
04-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Myhorse 1

I have not had good luck in having BRIS answer many questions about their product.

One thing in particular that I don't understand is their post position bias included in the Ultimate PP's.

For example at my track today the meet totals for post position for 7furlong sprints were listed as Rail 11% Pos 1-3 11 % Pos 4-7 15 % and Pos 8 plus 7 %.

I'm having trouble understanding how the Rail can be 11% winners and Pos 1-3 also be 11% winners. I can only surmise that the 11 % for Pos 1-3 means in effect 33% for those 3 positions and likewise the 15 % for post positions 4, 5, 6, and 7 is actually 60% or at least thats what I came up with.

Was wondering if you ever questioned this stat or found some clarification of it.