PDA

View Full Version : Rockport Harbor

tonto1944
03-28-2005, 09:05 AM
After the 1 1/8 mile race last year at Aquaduct,when Rockpot and Galloping Grocer ran their hearts out from start to finish I told a friend of mine they were both done. They were both 2yr olds and to run such a hard race I feel they will never be as good as they could have been.People told me I was nuts ,but so far I was right. I don't even think they will make the Derby and if for some reason the owner wants to start either one of them,they will be lucky to finish the race.2yr. olds I my opinion shouldn't have to run more than a mile.How many 2yr olds have come out of the Breeders cup to win the Derby. I am probably wrong but thats my opinion.

DerbyTrail
03-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Sea Hero, Alysheba and Spend A Buck all ran in their respective BC Juveniles before winning the Derby the following May..

Other Classic winners to race in Juvies include Easy Goer, Timber Country, Bet Twice, Go and Go, Pine Bluff, Editor's Note, Lemon Drop Kid and Point Given, so obviously the Juvenile isn't a total kiss of death to two year olds prospects for success at three.

A better explanation is that Juvy winners typically are "win early" precocious types that peak by their baby campaign fall.. After that, the slower developing types catch up and pass them by the spring of their sophomore seasons.

I've read several studies that say "under-racing" or "babying" two years olds does more harm to their long-term prospects for racing longevity than running
them..

46zilzal
03-28-2005, 01:28 PM
A better explanation is that Juvy winners typically are "win early" precocious types that peak by their baby campaign fall.. After that, the slower developing types catch up and pass them by the spring of their sophomore seasons.
I've read several studies that say "under-racing" or "babying" two years olds does more harm to their long-term prospects for racing longevity than running
them..

Bravo!!! someone who UNDERSTANDS. Isn't it grand!!!

bentoutofshape
03-28-2005, 11:21 PM
MOST 2YOLDS THAT RUN WELL AT ROUTES AS A 2 YROLD ,COME BACK SLOW BUT POTENT AS A 3 YEAR OLD AND THATS A FACT IN THE PAST PERFORMANCES .ALL U HAVE DO DO IS GO BACK AND LOOK U WONT FIND MANY TO DISAGREE.