PDA

View Full Version : DERBY

LARRY GEORGE
03-28-2005, 01:07 AM
WHY GET ALL HYPED UP OVER THE DERBY IT'S JUST ONE RACE
THE UNDERCARD JUST MIGHT HAVE GOOD PRICES :sleeping:

kenwoodallpromos
03-28-2005, 01:27 AM
You are right, undercard is easier to pick. I do not go to other forums like Del Mar's because almost all of what they talk about is big names, but this one has much more. You will see a lot more on undercard horses here than anywhere else, especially if you start the threads!

kingfin66
03-28-2005, 01:32 AM

I guess because it is just plain fun. Yes, it is only one race. Yes, the undercard has excellent betting opportunities. The Derby is the Super Bowl of horse racing. It is the race that the people who don't follow racing watch every year (and bet on :cool: ). It is also fun, as a racing fan, to follow the preps and watch the development of these great young horses as they run on the road to the Derby. There's a few reasons for you.

kenwoodallpromos
03-28-2005, 01:43 AM
Come to think of it, the Derby trail gives me a chance to hear details of horses working out and with minor phsical ailments that I cannot get from other situations. And sometimes trainer psych too. Just too bad so many good ones fall by the wayside. Horses at all levels probably get gleened out just as much but we never get to hear about them.
Tom Mcschell has given us some good insight as to problems getting and keeping a horse racing.

headhawg
03-28-2005, 11:59 AM

I just recently decided to play year-round, so the Derby used to mark the start of my racing season which was over when the Saratoga meet ended in September.

Plus, I've done really well betting-wise in the Derby over the last few years -- big field and overhyped horses equates to good prices.

And it's an exciting time as even the casual fans get revved-up about horseracing.