PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss [where is he now?]

sidvicious
03-27-2005, 08:46 AM
so as not to become buried in the related thread on the subject of "whatever happened to", i post seperately.

moss handicapped oaklawn, my native track, for the local paper for years. he was a tremendous handicapper. it wasn't long ago that oaklawn had little or no exotic wagering. i've seen moss hit 6 and 7 winners a day on a 10 race card, many, many times.

i would love to have been able to box a string of his selections for some trifecta's and exacta's and see what the action is like.

blind squirrel
03-27-2005, 09:08 AM
if you had watched the LANES END on ESPN you
could have seen him.

PaceAdvantage
03-27-2005, 04:13 PM
sid,

I take it you don't watch too much horse racing on ESPN (or ABC for that matter).

Randy Moss is the premier "color man" for thoroughbred racing on network television. Many regard him as the best racing commentator around these days, and for good reason. He knows his stuff, and he knows how to talk on air.

sidvicious
03-27-2005, 04:22 PM
i shy away from espn. WAAAY too much pro sports coverage for my taste. i knew randy was talking onair somewhere; just couldn't remember where.

in arkansas, he could've run for president behind clinton.

DJofSD
03-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Co host of Citgo's "Wire to wire."

DJofSD

GMB@BP
03-28-2005, 09:14 AM
so as not to become buried in the related thread on the subject of "whatever happened to", i post seperately.

moss handicapped oaklawn, my native track, for the local paper for years. he was a tremendous handicapper. it wasn't long ago that oaklawn had little or no exotic wagering. i've seen moss hit 6 and 7 winners a day on a 10 race card, many, many times.

i would love to have been able to box a string of his selections for some trifecta's and exacta's and see what the action is like.

randy moss works for Beyer/Drf making the oaklawn speed figures, so he is very much in toon with Oaklawn.

Bobby
03-28-2005, 11:06 AM
randy moss works for Beyer/Drf making the oaklawn speed figures, so he is very much in toon with Oaklawn.

I thought Rick Lee, the current Oaklawn handicapper, doese the beyer/drf figures. he's up about 20% so far this year at OP according to the ARK DEMocrat GAZZETTE

Valuist
03-28-2005, 12:56 PM
He's now in Oakland where he'll play for the Raiders this year. Oh, wrong Randy Moss......

sidvicious
03-28-2005, 07:48 PM
rick lee is the present guy, but moss was his predecessor.

Tom
03-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Randy is great alongside Kenny Mane.....the 'Madden/Summeral" team of racing.

Bobby
03-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Yea, they need to put moss on TVG and get rid of the current yackers. He'll add some much needed flavor and would b someone you could respect.

TRM
03-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Many moons ago, Randy was handicapping LAD and his analysis would be posted in the Dallas Morning News. What's interesting is that he doesn't bet.

creatureman
04-02-2005, 05:24 AM
He is awsome!!

BeatTheChalk
04-08-2005, 08:16 PM
but I can not get past his Voice .. so i simply turn off the volume and
read the Closed Captions. I havent been as impressed as some of you
folks seem to be ...ah well..