PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Gallery Updated

Buddha
03-26-2005, 02:47 PM
I have some pics that I finally got scanned from last year at Saratoga.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/2004_PaceAdvantage_Saratoga_Getaway

Starts on page 11 and goes to the end. Make sure you check out the last pic on the last page. A suff work of art :)

Trijack
03-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Budda

Some great shots. I was wondering what happened to the pictures you took. Now I know you just wanted to remind us what a great time we had at Toga and get us primed for Toga 2005.

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Buddha....some great shots there! You guys were like the Zelig of Saratoga! LOL

Suff
03-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Buddha....some great shots there! You guys were like the Zelig of Saratoga! LOL

One of my Favorite Movies. We do get around don't we?

Those are great Pictures... I'm surprised he just got around to putting them up. Great stuff. Between the last two years there isn't anything or anyone we have'nt gotten a piece of. Great Times and Memories.

Whats the tempature for a TOGA 3? I'll tell you what I have going on.

First of all. CJ wants to come. So thats a Big Draw..and that almost forces us to do another "open" trip. Of course this year we had an election and we had more friction than normal, and that sorta took a little away from the usual comradery of 2002 and 2003 . Plus.. I was on a few drunken rants this summer that rank up there in do-do brain land. LOL... But all that aside. I think we gotta roll out another Pace Advantage Saratoga Getaway.

I'm pretty sure from what I get in my e-mail... 15 or more guys want to do it.
And if we invite the guys that are using craigs PaceFigures..and extend an open invitation to the new and old. We're looking at another full house.

Seth Morrow who lives in Saratoga and runs www.equidaily.com helped me with a few Real Estate agents in the area. I have 4 or 5 agents scouring for a House for me within walking distance ot the track. I have scheduled August 17th to August 31st... or August 20th to Sept 3rd*..(*most likely dates). The Travers is the 27th of August. I told the agents that SIZE and WALKING Distance were priority 1 and 2. And that a BARBACUE and either a POOL or Lake Front were #'s 3 and 4. If we get a Big place within walking distance, that we can cookout and swim... I'll pull the trigger on a deposit and work out the details later. I set a Cap of $7000.00 , and I expect it will be no cheaper than 5 Grand for two weeks. I got 4 or 5 e-mails with places this wek but i have'nt looked at them yet. I made a Saratoga File on my PC and am compiling all my info in there. I (we'll) probably have to make a decsion by mid to late April if we are going to pull it off in an orderly fashion..

I already have sent e-mails to people who look out for us there...and people that help make our stay more enjoyable.. and I'm always looking for ways to add more fun to the trip...

so thats where I'm at with it right now.

Zaf
03-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Great Stuff Jarrod !!!

ZAFONIC

JustRalph
03-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Nice shots.....thanks for sharing them.

That shot of the fire on the beach is classic. that sucker could be a prize winner.

Bubbles
03-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Great stuff. Nice shots, a few horses, a little law-breaking...what's not to like? :ThmbUp:

kingfin66
03-27-2005, 01:27 AM
It looks like a great time.

BillW
03-27-2005, 01:59 AM
As some of you know, I have tables for Travers day (4 tables - comfortably seat 16). But using last year as a learning experience, I decided it was stupid to buy tables for most of the other days as we are the only ones in the tent - we can buy what we need day of race. BUT - we need to identify the other crowded days so that we pre-purchase tables where necessary.

Mike as soon as you have a locked-in schedule let me know and I'll get in contact with NYRA and cover us for those busy days.

BTW: Re. lake front - a tent on the shore of one of the infield holding ponds will do just fine :cool:.

Bill

Buddha
03-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Again, sorry it took so long for me to get these up and I am glad you guys enjoyed them. I still have some more, but dont have them scanned. I will see what I can do about posting them later.

Budda

Some great shots. I was wondering what happened to the pictures you took. Now I know you just wanted to remind us what a great time we had at Toga and get us primed for Toga 2005.

Yea, got to get ready for this year. It is only March (almost April), but Toga is just around the corner and will be here before we know it.

That shot of the fire on the beach is classic. that sucker could be a prize winner.

It is a "fixed" fire. Suff was using lighter fluid to help get it going, and decided to put a bunch on :D

BTW: Re. lake front - a tent on the shore of one of the infield holding ponds will do just fine

I'll second that :)

Red Knave
03-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Buddha

Thanks for those. Great memories of Travers day. (Sorry we didn't get any shots of you after the rain ;) ).

And Suff, keep us posted.

Bob

John
03-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Buddha,

Nice shots, good work.good timeing [ only 4 months to saratoga.]

Zaf
03-27-2005, 09:52 AM
J,

I really like the photo of the Personal Ensign Stakes (Roar Emotion on the outside, and Azeri on the inside). Excellent job. I was actually standing right around there at the start. Nice Photo !

ZAFONIC

Storm Cadet
03-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Do we have anybody that is a definite YES for the 3rd seasonal trip to Saratoga? :confused:

Trijack
03-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Red Knave

Go to page 6 for Budda after the rain.

Buddha
03-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Do we have anybody that is a definite YES for the 3rd seasonal trip to Saratoga? :confused:

Definite, yes, dates, unconfirmed. I am hoping to go Travers week/weekend again as it was a blast last year.

Zaf
03-27-2005, 11:04 AM
YES,

Will try again for Travers week end !

ZAFONIC

Zaf
03-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Hey J,

I forgot about the picture with Beyer until you posted it. Ironically, I am holding CJ's figure printout in my left hand , He He He :D

ZAFONIC

BillW
03-27-2005, 11:49 AM

As definite as possible, barring catastrophic circumstances (meteor hit the house etc. :))

John
03-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Count me in !!!!!!

Red Knave
03-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Red Knave
Go to page 6 for Budda after the rain.

Oh right. Thanks Jack.

Zaf
03-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey Red Knave,

That was a wild day :D

ZAFONIC

Red Knave
03-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey Red Knave,
That was a wild day :D
ZAFONIC
All I remember was driving Andicaps car back to Whispering Pines. ;)

Tom
03-27-2005, 01:14 PM
I'll be back.

This year, I moved all that audit crap at work out of August so I can say a couple days. Not Travers weekend, but probably the one before.
You guys don't drink beer at night, do you? :rolleyes:

Bubbles
03-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Me and SilverSow will probably be in the tent for a few days out of that gathering. Great times.

BillW
03-27-2005, 01:29 PM
You guys don't drink beer at night, do you? :rolleyes:

We try, but it is sometimes difficult to drag Suff away from his DRF :).

Suff
03-27-2005, 01:39 PM
We try, but it is sometimes difficult to drag Suff away from his DRF :).

My Drinking consumption at Saratoga Last year certainly has gotten its share of Press on the Pace Board hasn't it. Man.

I drank the entire month of August like I was going to the Electric Chair in September! :ThmbUp: :ThmbDown:

Like a lot of guys, I have that Love hate relationship with alcohol.
I love alcohol,... it hates me.

New years Eve..I went back in the witness protection program and have'nt touched a drop. Whats that? bout 3 months now. PLus.. I have'nt had a cigarette in two weeks. So basically I'm going out of my mind and want to kill someone.

BillW
03-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Mike,

That was purely a poke in the ribs, nothing else meant. I've did the cigarette thing - still have the claw marks on the walls here - but you can beat it (I finally used Buproprion AKA Welbutrin or Zyban) It'll be 5 years right in the middle of the SAR trip this year (8/27).

Bill

kingfin66
03-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey J,

I forgot about the picture with Beyer until you posted it. Ironically, I am holding CJ's figure printout in my left hand , He He He :D

ZAFONIC

That Beyer is a skinny little degenerate isn't he?

Suff
03-27-2005, 02:13 PM
That Beyer is a skinny little degenerate isn't he?

I was thinking of the seinfeld show when Elaine sends out her Christmas cards with a Nipple showing through her dress.

Andys got a little nipple action going there. Musta been a little chill in the air at Siro's that morning!... :D

Trijack
03-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Has anybody else noticed that the picture with Suff and chick or broad has got more than double the hits on any other pictures. Why? Is it because Budda told us to be sure and check it out or is it Suff (everyone wanting to see him in action) or the chick?

Jack

Zaf
03-27-2005, 03:08 PM
The chick looked like she was wearing a wedding dress. Whats up with that ?

ZAFONIC

kingfin66
03-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I was thinking of the seinfeld show when Elaine sends out her Christmas cards with a Nipple showing through her dress.

Andys got a little nipple action going there. Musta been a little chill in the air at Siro's that morning!... :D

:lol:

His shoulders are so skinny that his head is looks huge. Or maybe it is the other way around, his head is so big that it makes it shoulders look small.

Either way, his wallet is FAT.

Suff
03-27-2005, 04:53 PM
The chick looked like she was wearing a wedding dress. Whats up with that ?

ZAFONIC

Travers night in Dowtown Saratoga is like Mardi Gras. Its shoulder to shoulder for block after block. Look in the background and you see all the people. They come from all over to party at the SPA Travers weekend. Like any party.. the freaks come out at night. 3 in the morning and you can't move downtown. Most of the clubs have outdoor patios and lounges where the band plays... and it is like a Huge Festival... that goes all week.

We were just roaming around talking to people having fun. This gal's story I don't remember exactly. We were just partying and having fun.

Zaf
03-27-2005, 05:53 PM
I guess I didn't make that party, between the shots of SoCo and the beers that day , I fell asleep at 9:30 :eek:

This year I will be sure not to miss it :cool:

ZAFONIC

Suff
03-28-2005, 09:05 AM
I guess I didn't make that party, between the shots of SoCo and the beers that day , I fell asleep at 9:30 :eek:

This year I will be sure not to miss it :cool:

ZAFONIC

you talking about 33 maple? That small place with the Beatiful Oak and Mahogany woodwork? Did you and Jeff meet us there? I remember standing out on the Patio/alleyway...and shots of Soco kept coming and coming.. Doubles TOO! I know Maxspa was buy me a drink everytime mine went below the 1/2 line... it was off the charts that night....

Zaf
03-28-2005, 09:57 AM
No Suff,

I didn't even make it that far. I was pretty toasted by Travers Post Time :faint:

ZAFONIC

andicap
03-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Where's that picture of me, my wife and daughter where she didn't want to face the camera??

It's pretty damn cute if you ask me
:D

cadillac pete
03-28-2005, 11:50 AM
new to the forum..the pictures of the Spa are awesome.

John
03-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the Board Caldillac Pete.

Come to Saratogo this August and Join the Gallery.

Suff
03-28-2005, 12:26 PM
new to the forum..the pictures of the Spa are awesome.

Have you been there before?

Buddha
03-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Sorry andicap Forgot to put it up. Will do that today.

cadillac pete
03-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Have you been there before?

Yes I have back in August 2002. I was there the weekend Pat Day won the Sword Dancer on With Anticipation to become the all-time money leader. I really enjoyed myself to say the least. Hopefully things will work out where I can make it back sometime during the upcoming meet this summer.

BillW
03-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes I have back in August 2002. I was there the weekend Pat Day won the Sword Dancer on With Anticipation to become the all-time money leader. I really enjoyed myself to say the least. Hopefully things will work out where I can make it back sometime during the upcoming meet this summer.

We'll have a group that is usually more than a dozen from PA up there around Travers weekend (either week before or week after). Make plans on meeting us there. We usually hang out in the Festival tent not far from the Paddock.
As planning progresses, more will be posted here.

BTW welcome to the site,

Bill

John
03-28-2005, 04:02 PM
BillW

3 tables for Travis day. If I remember right 6 to 8 guys can sit at a table if they don't have lap top computers. What a way to go Bill !!!! No standing room for the PA-TOGA Guys/Girls on Travis day. :) :D

BillW
03-28-2005, 04:08 PM
BillW

3 tables for Travis day.

Actually I have 4 (in the corner where we usually hang out)

If I remember right 6 to 8 guys can sit at a table if they don't have lap top computers.

I was judging by the size of my ass :eek::lol:

John
03-28-2005, 04:29 PM
BILLW

How about TRIJACK, that sits next to you....He ain't no midget.

cryptic1
03-28-2005, 07:13 PM
C'mon bill its only the humidity that limits the seating not the size.
Besides, though the laptops don't move, most of the people are up and
about. There's always room for newbies as I can attest. A cold one from
Suff, and a conversation from all. Hope to see all again.

cryptic1

Zaf
03-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Welcome Cadillac Pete, I like your 5-1 or more motto. I try to live by that also.

ZAFONIC

BillW
03-28-2005, 08:57 PM
C'mon bill its only the humidity that limits the seating not the size.
Besides, though the laptops don't move, most of the people are up and
about. There's always room for newbies as I can attest. A cold one from
Suff, and a conversation from all. Hope to see all again.

cryptic1

Problem usually is as much where to pile the stuff :)

Lookin' forward to it, c1 - it's getting close :jump:

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2005, 01:12 AM
Some pix Suff sent me of the potential digs:

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2005, 01:12 AM
Some more:

BillW
03-30-2005, 01:27 AM
Wow - Mike D. - I get the feeling you're about to out-do yourself again. Looks great.

cj
03-30-2005, 02:44 AM
Hey J,

ZAFONIC

Who's Beyer?

I'm in, the whole time, as soon as the dates are done, I'm buying the plane tickets, renting a car if needed, etc, etc. Can't wait!

Suff
03-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Wow - Mike D. - I get the feeling you're about to out-do yourself again. Looks great.

This place is 5 Blocks from the track. 10-15 Minute walk. 3 Bedrooms. Washer /Dyer in the basement. Small yard, off Street parking

Suff
03-30-2005, 09:23 AM
btw... note lawn Jockey , bottom of front stairs... :ThmbUp:

Buddha
03-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Who's Beyer?

Some guy who tries to make speed figures, and forgets about the pace of the race :D

kingfin66
03-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Some guy who tries to make speed figures, and forgets about the pace of the race :D

...and whose shoulders are so skinny that it makes his head look huge and out of proportion.

IRISHLADSTABLE
03-31-2005, 07:09 AM
Very Nice Michael an upgrade from WP Cant wait

Jimmy

joeprunes
03-31-2005, 08:09 AM
I`m in as always I havent missed in 30 yrs. Suff what was the name of the bar on that side street were the girl bar tender was flirting with us? You know the bar were you stood me up and I got lit up waiting for you at 11 oclock in the morning??? Only kidding you had car trouble if I remember. How come I didnt see any picture of my princess? I would like to see Dave Schwartz come back. For most of you who never met Dave he is a fun guy and a real nice person and can out talk anyone. Dave you gotta make it this year...joeprunes

John
03-31-2005, 09:25 AM
JOE PRUNES

Good idea, Those that fly in [and can afford it ] can stay at the House with Suff.

Those that want to fly in and rent a car we can help set them up at a reansonable Motel.

As long as we have a meeting place for Breakfast,Then plan the day,Siro's, the backside barn etc.We will all be at the Festival tent for the first race.After races we can all go dinner at the same place or were ever you choose. Those that want to go downtown at night and party can do so and those of us that want to go back to our rooms and Handicap for the next day .should be able to do so.

There will be enough of people with cars. So no one will ever have to worry about being stranded. In my opinion, it should be a fun vacation for all.

anybody else want to add something.like what to do on the days when there is no racing.

JOHN

4 months and counting

cj
03-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Days there are no racing? How far is Finger Lakes?

BillW
03-31-2005, 11:57 AM
We typically only have one dark day. Last year Cooperstown was discussed. BTW is anyone familiar with the Baseball HOF traveling exhibit? It'll be in Houston for a few months this summer and is advertised as being big.

Bill