PDA

View Full Version : An introduction with a question

Misteranthropic
03-26-2005, 03:22 AM
Hello everyone,

Just a quick introduction for my first post. My name is Brian, and I live in Burlingame Ca., not far from the soon-to-be-dead Bay Meadows racetrack.

I've been hanging around these forums and reading posts for a couple of weeks now and thought I'd join the general fray, but before fraying I'm wondering if anyone knows of live tote software that will calculate the various pools and show betting underlays and overlays.

I've been trying to find something like this, and today the need was really hammered home when I bet a horse to place and show and it placed paying 9.80 and 8.00. If I had a quick way to view these pools I would have been able to eliminate the place bet and double up the show bet for an almost equal payout.

Thanks in advance for any info, and I'll look forward to contributing something(hopefully of value) in the near future.

qhrick
03-26-2005, 03:25 AM
check out "At The Races"

http://www.homebased2.com/atr/at_the_races.htm

Misteranthropic
03-26-2005, 03:31 AM
ghrick,

Thanks, that is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know.

Best Regards,

Brian

Suff
03-26-2005, 10:06 AM
welcome

DJofSD
03-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Welcome aboard, Mister.

Stay away from the Off Topics section. The Dark Side is very attractive.

DJofSD

andicap
03-26-2005, 09:39 PM
When I tried At the Races I could never get the place and show odds boards to work. Anyone know why?

Buckeye
03-26-2005, 11:12 PM
You may need to use the "R" list, Philly Phonebet, because Supertote doesn't or didn't provide timely place and show pool information for ATR to process.

JustRalph
03-27-2005, 03:06 PM
a guy with 1 post comes in and asks about some tote board software.......gets a reply from a guy with 3 posts 3 minutes later ( a.m. mind you) and now we are talking about the software? www.homebased2.com (http://www.homebased2.com/) is registered to a guy named rick..............hmmm...............

Interesting..............

BillW
03-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Ralph,

ATR is legit (used with HTR, HSH etc.) The developers seem to be straight shooters and are probably above something like this. ATR has had quite a bit of coverage around here and the site you posted is HTR's.

Bill

Figman
03-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Ralph, I second Bill's opinion. The two creators of ATR have had me as a customer for close to three years. It was great before The Racing Channel became subscription. Now, to me using Pinnacle data it is just "fair." It may still be great if you are a Philly phonebet customer....I'm not.

Gary the programmer (also known as Pizzaman) is A-1. The other creator, Jack B. is a longtime horseplayer whose ideas Gary originally incorporated into ATR.

Buckeye
03-27-2005, 04:57 PM
I have 584 posts.

Use the "R" list for place and show data, although this may not be an option for everybody, unfortunately.

JustRalph
03-27-2005, 06:13 PM
I know the software has many followers here....... I looked into it a few years back etc. But I just found the first two posts at 3 a.m. a little odd.........

PaceAdvantage
03-27-2005, 06:29 PM
JR, I appreciate the vigilance. Lord knows I can't be counted on to catch all nuances, all the time. Regarding the two "3am" posters, one of them registered on this board three months ago, the other, very recently.

I'm not sure if this clears things up, but it might shine a little more light on the situation.

midnight
03-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Rick (Richard) Bush (owner of the website HTR is hosted on) is above any kind of cloning or hustling for anybody. I'd also doubt Gary (developer of ATR) would do anything like this.

Misteranthropic
03-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks to all of you who welcomed me!

Just for the record, I don't have anything to do with the ATR program, and I was posting at 3 am because I'd drunk way too much coffee late in the day and needed an outlet.

Before registering here I'd been reading some very interesting threads and decided to participate. I have noticed that many posters are greeted here with a whole lot of scepticism concerning their motives, and I can understand that I suppose. Since this is the part of the forum devoted to software I thought it reasonable to ask a question that I'd had for a while concerning possible existing software.

I downloaded a trial copy of ATR and as I don't have an account with Philly phone, I don't think it will be too useful to me.

I don't know the poster who answered me so quickly but I'm grateful that there are people willing to take time to share info they have.

Hope this clears up any misigivings anyone may have about my motives here.

Regards,

Brian