PDA

View Full Version : Insights into Sam Houston

Sundown
03-25-2005, 12:08 AM
I might not be the most insightful handicapper, but am wondering about Sam Houston. I still like watching the horses live even when they're "pigs" and "dogs." I can still claim a + ROI when I'm live at the track, don't know why, but I actually do pretty well, going back 10+years. Does anybody have any insights to SH, my first time live since Oct 2nd, at Lone Star. I did pretty well that day, something like +530 ROI. I know one day, but isn't it like golf, that's what keeps bringing (use degeneretes back)? Anyone live tomorrow I could even buy a drink for.:p

BillW
03-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Hey Sundown,

I'll probably head up there tomorrow. Look for Reid McLellan's (Purple Power) area (Fan Education) south side on the first floor rear (track side) of the building. I'll bring my dartboard and share some insight :D.

Bill

Sundown
03-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Bill,
I'll have the big darts, with multiple points!!!
David/Sundown

TRM
03-25-2005, 01:23 AM
Sundown,

I saw your location was Austin, just curious if you've visited Manor Downs?

46zilzal
03-25-2005, 02:57 AM
CHEAPIES are easier to handicap. When they are ON FORM they run, when off they don't.... not like the bigger ovals

Sundown
03-25-2005, 10:03 AM
I haven't done Manor. I might go for the next meet. At least there is some good bar-b-que out that way. I just started back into horse racing last fall. Luckily I have family in Ft Worth so I'll be making it to LS frequently.

TRM
03-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Not sure when Manor runs, but it's a real small track out in the middle of nowhere. They may be one of those 2 week county fair type tracks. If you take 290 east towards Houston, it's about 30 min outside of town. They have a little (emphasis on little) bar with a 2 teller section for taking wagers. It's kind of a dump, but being polite, I would call it an old track with ALOT of history. hehhe

Zaf
03-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Having a big problem winning at Sammy this year. I have been sucessful for the past few years. Oh well theres still PEN, DED, CT & MNR :D

ZAFONIC

TRM
03-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Forgot to mention that Manor does have simulcasting, so if you need a quick fix.........

Sundown
03-25-2005, 11:15 AM
I didn't know about the simulcast at Manor, might have to try it. Its a little far to Retama for OTB with the web and all.

We'll be able to see Manor Downs when we drive to Sammy today.
Anyone know about the proposed track in Pflugerville? Its a small town just north of Austin. I know the city had a non-binding vote and got a pretty big thumbs down, so the interests are looking elsewhere, I think. Anyone with further knowledge about new prospects in TX?

JustRalph
03-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Here is my insight on Sam Houston..............

It used to be a whole lot more fun than it is now......................

With no slots.........in Texas and Louisiana putting a slot machine on anything that has a sparkly light.........Texas racing is doomed.........