PDA

View Full Version : Review of "Insta-Know" system

midnight
03-24-2005, 02:02 PM
I buy a lot of these systems, not expecting a black box, but hoping that I learn something that I can incorporate into my handicapping or see something in a different light than I have in the past.

In respect for PA's policies, I won't post the name of the site. If you don't see this in the ads, do a web search for "insta-know".

Quoted from the site:

You too can win big at the races using a simple, powerful new system that requires almost no effort on your part. It's fun. It's a blast. And best of all... you can just be an 'average' guy and still make gobs of money

The site goes on to offer a story and promise unbelievable riches using a simple method. It also claims that it can be used at any race track in any country. I usually don't buy anything from a site that makes outlandish claims. Since the author promised a no-questions refund, I spent the $20.

What I got was a rather large E-Book that immediately tells the reader that there's no magic road to riches. The "Insta-Know" method appears late in the book under "Systems" and is downplayed as something that is to be used to find contenders and not something that will replace handicapping. Right there, we have a bait-and-switch and/or false advertisement.

The Ebook goes over the basics of handicapping and has a few interesting ideas. It's mainly a primer on fundamentals with a few intermediate ideas. A few simple systems are included at the end, none of which are going to do much better than beat the take. It's possible that the whole Ebook has been ripped and/or rewritten from other sources.

If you're the kind of person that doesn't mind spending $20 in the hope that you'll learn something that will help your game, then this might not be a bad investment. If you're looking for a get-rich-quick method, working or otherwise, don't bother. In my case, I really can't say I learned a thing that I didn't already know, but I could stretch it by saying I did have to think about a few things presented.

I have a problem with bait-and-switch ads, and for that reason, I asked for the no-questions-asked moneyback refund. If I don't get one or if I get any hassle over it, I'll be sure to let you know.

kenwoodallpromos
03-24-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm lazy so it is tempting, but I never remember seeing anyhting yet in handicapping that wins gobs of money on flat bets like that with little effort.
Any system I made takes a lot of hours of "effort".
I play different systems of my own for differing situations. I need at least 4 that is not used widely and pays off.
See the threads here on House Handicapper's %.

Maxspa
04-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Midnight,
Thanks for your time, effort and possibly money to give us your opinion on the "Insta-Know" system. These reviews can be helpful to a lot of handicappers and I wish more members would do the same. We'd all benefit!
Maxspa

46zilzal
04-02-2005, 03:26 PM
At the heart of MOST of these systematic approaches is a bit of TRUTH. You have to TEST them rigorously before accepting or jettisoning them however.

Agree there is no black box, but there are a few ideas that are VERY SOUND, if anyone would only stick around to LEARN THEM FIRST!

Ride a bike? took a while to understand it didn't it? No differences here.

midnight
04-05-2005, 10:42 PM
As a followup, the refund for the Insta-Know system did arrive in a reasonable time.