PDA

View Full Version : Farewell All..

sq764
03-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, to most people’s wishes, this will be my last post here, as I just have lost the strength and patience to deal with some of the people here, including myself. And I am sure the feeling is mutual for some of those people.. I was tolerant until someone insisted on a personal threat and realized how stupid this had become. I don’t have the time, energy or tolerance to deal with people like this.

I have a 3 month old son that I should be spending more time with and to see him smile makes all these arguments seem so insignificant. I hope you all remember to stop and enjoy life a bit, it seems some of you take this stuff WAY too seriously. It’s been fun and I will be sure to keep in touch with the friends I met on here..

I also was moved by chatting with Lasix1, he reminded me that although horseracing is a nice diversion, the family is so much more important than any of this.

PA – You run a nice site that has helped many people. You also seem to be one of the good ones that tries to promote the sport of racing, and for that, you should be commended

Valuist, Chickenhead – Been fun trading sports jabs with you two, you both know your stats, I like that

Tom – Keep fighting the good fight.. You stand by your convictions, totally respectable

Sec – Although I disagree with about 99% of what you think, I always had respect for your posts, as most were fairly insightful and statistically accurate. I can deal with your type of Dem..

Lasix1 – I wish you the best of luck and I hope to God someone comes up with a miracle for your wife. I hope my suggestions to you turn out to be helpful and please stay strong. Your positive attitude in light of your circumstances is truly inspiring…

Believe it or not, it’s been fun all, take care..

ElKabong
03-23-2005, 11:11 AM
sq,

Just use the Ignore button. I was going to post on the redstate/ blue state thread that PA is correct about Ignoring posters. I'm going to begin slicing off a half dozen or more posters via that button, they don't add a thing.... Tom started a trend :)

Stick around, use the Ignore button on the pissants and frustrated wannabes...keep posting.

kingfin66
03-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Wow, what can I say? I am certainly not one of the ones that wants you to leave. I can honestly say that I disagree with you about 89% of the time and feel you are sarcastic at times, but I would readily admit that I am sarcastic too, so that is a non-issue for me. There is no call for personal threats and I am sorry that has happened here.

Maybe instead of leaving for good, you can step back, take a break, spend quality time with your son (you will be amazed how quickly he will grow up) and wife. Just take a break from Pace Advantage and, if possible, the internet in general. Then, if it feels right, come back a reenergized, more liberal SQ :)

Whatever you decide to do, just keep those ideas you have about your family being the most important thing in life. Those are the ideas that noboby here or anywhere will argue (well maybe a few). Take care and hopefully WE WILL see you back around.

Kingfin (Mike)

lsbets
03-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Scott,

You are right about there ebing nothing more important than family, and as long as you realize that you're okay. Use ignore, but don't leave. You're a part of the "community" here. (and yes, I would say this to Sec also :) )

GameTheory
03-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Why do we always beg them to stay? While SQ is undoubtably intelligent, his main MO is to post childish and unprovoked jabs at people for no other apparent reason than to be obnoxious. Which then attracts a lot more infantile behavior in response.

Leaving? Good! The place will be better with you not posting because your net effect was negative.

Now, usually when someone gives the Nixon "you won't have me to kick around anymore" farewell speech where they try to put all the backlash they get for their behavior on the shoulders of everyone else, they do eventually come back to the forum after an interval with the "I realized maybe I was taking everyone else's childish behavior too seriously" speech which shows they haven't learned anything at all.

So if you do decide to stay, or come back after a while, then please own up to *your* behavior -- like admit it (you know, for real, not "sure, I was being a jerk, but you didn't have to be a jerk in response"), apologize for it, and then make a point to act a little more grown up. All you have to do is think a second time before you post, "Is this really going to contribute anything or I am just posting this for my own satisfaction to get a dig in at fill-in-the-blank?"

Bobby
03-23-2005, 11:45 AM
This is really a shame. I liked your posts. I think your knowledgable in racing and off topic. We need more conservatives for good debate. boxcar might be gone too. more and more like HPU. Family is most important though.

keilan
03-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Personally I wished you would have left long ago – you contribute nothing as far as I’m concerned.

I took you off ignore for about 2 minutes to read your post cause I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Scott your experience here should have taught you some life lessons. Good luck :)

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2005, 01:18 PM
more and more like HPU.

You have to stop mentioning that place....makes my skin crawl...

Bubbles
03-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Wow...just wow...SQ, sports debates won't be the same without ya. There's nothing more that I enjoy than a debate with people who know their stuff. We disagreed a few times, but if everyone agreed on everything, the world'd be darned boring.

Not gonna push ya either way, staying or leaving, but best wishes in whatever you decide to do.

NoDayJob
03-23-2005, 01:47 PM
:) Good luck! 5800+ posts flushed---Yeeeshhh! :D

NDJ

Bobby
03-23-2005, 02:29 PM
You have to stop mentioning that place....makes my skin crawl...

ok

JustMissed
03-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Wow, I would have at least cinched up my jock strap and gone for 6,000.

Hey, come to think about it, if you have posted 5,801, you are probably addicted to the net and you won't be able to quit posting without some professional help.

You may have to join P.A.. That's Posters Anonyomous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck to you.

What ever you do though, don't ever tell your kid you let a drunk from Bean Town run you off.

JM

P.S. Does anyone know who holds the record for the most post?

Kreed
03-23-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm shocked; yet, thats a lot of posts, which = a lot of time spent here.
Take a break then return. And don't listen to GT and Keilan cause they're
embittered harsh net addicts.

Secretariat
03-23-2005, 06:14 PM
SQ,

Thanks for the compliment (I think?)....

I needed a break at one time as well.

kenwoodallpromos
03-23-2005, 06:37 PM
I try to block out hassles with others on here as soon as I hit the back button.
I think I remember saying some good stuff in here.
I'm betting you come back sooner than Bonds after his similar speech! LOL!

Tom
03-23-2005, 06:43 PM
SQ, you have been a friend I appreciated chatting with. Thanks for your kind words. But let me join the chorus - IGNORE button is worth it's weight in gold. I have blocked out the 5 worst low lifes I know of here and things are really nicer now. I have severalmore that are about a post or two away. And anyone who is glad you are leaving can use the same button. If you do leave, keep in touch - you have my email and I am always willing to talk about horses.

Good luck.

Kreed
03-23-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm a BLUE-DEM-LIB so like where's the IggY button anyways? i accept all
God's unfortunates, like ....../...../....../...../....../....../...... and Keilan?
okay, Tom, who are those 5?

Tom
03-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Doesn't matter...could be 50. SQ may have a point and, Ralph too. Might be a good time for a "vacation" from here.

chickenhead
03-23-2005, 10:12 PM
I always enjoyed talking baseball with you SQ....this board is supposed to be a fun diversion...and it can be, if you let it.

Valuist
03-24-2005, 09:29 AM
I predict Sq will be back before the Eagles season opens. Maybe earlier if the Phillies do well.

cj
03-24-2005, 12:52 PM
Au revoir, ne laissez pas la porte vous frapper dans l'âne!

(Gotta keep practicing my French!)

Buddha
03-24-2005, 01:15 PM

lol

JimG
03-24-2005, 01:29 PM

I only took Spanish in school and not French, but I got a feeling a door is involved in that reply.

Jim

Equineer
03-24-2005, 02:02 PM
I only took Spanish in school and not French, but I got a feeling a door is involved in that reply.I've got a seat-of-the-pants hunch you are right.

Tee
03-24-2005, 06:01 PM
I only took Spanish in school and not French, but I got a feeling a door is involved in that reply.

Jim

¡El adiós, no permitió el golpe U de puerta en el asno!

dav4463
03-25-2005, 01:31 AM
i like you scott !

so.cal.fan
03-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Scott!
Please don't leave for good......you're part of our little "gang" here!
We'll all miss you. :(

JustRalph
03-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I ran it through www.freetranslation.com (http://www.freetranslation.com)

here is what it came back with

"Good-bye, do not leave the door to hit you in the donkey!"

Steve 'StatMan'
03-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Stay for the racing chat. Forget the other stuff in Off Topic. There should be no Blue Handicappers or Red Handicappers. Have some bad memories from O/T? Easier to not respond to a racing post than trying to stay off a hot-button issue in O/T.

cj
03-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Hey Ralph,

I'd find a new free translator! :D

toetoe
03-30-2005, 11:26 PM
I hereby apologize for constantly saying, "SQ 764 .. Hut, hut!" but God, I couldn't help it! I know I could just say it to myself, but then I wouldn't be making a fool of myself in front of dozens of people.

HPU ... HorsePlayer University, maybe?