PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the week

Valuist
03-22-2005, 11:16 AM
To think of what's said and who's saying it, this has to be one of the most absurd things I've heard in a long time. And no, I'm not referring to McLaughlin. Check out the last few paragraphs in this:

http://www.drf.com/news/article/63563.html

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Could you reproduce the quote for those of us who don't have a subscription?

SAL
03-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Richard Dutrow Jr., one of the leading trainers on this circuit, was nonplussed about the need for a detention barn.

"They keep coming up with new rules," Dutrow said. "They keep trying to get you beat. We'll follow the rules and hope for the best. They're just trying to screw up the horses, which is something they don't seem to care about - the horses."

Dutrow said he would have no problem with prerace blood tests on horses.

Dutrow said he "gets aggravated" when his horses get beaten by horses trained by people he thinks "aren't playing the game the right way."

When told there are people that believe Dutrow may not always play the game the right way, Dutrow said, "They're lost. They got no idea what they're talking about. If they would come around my barn and see how we handle our horses, then they'd find out just how lost they are."

Storm Cadet
03-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Kiaran McLaughlin, who is stabled at Belmont, said the detention barn would be an inconvenience to the horsemen, "yet I think it's something that probably needs to be done to show the betting world that New York is trying to do all it can do to have a level playing field."

McLaughlin added that a detention barn may be detrimental to nervous horses who won't like being moved out of their surroundings before their race.

Valuist
03-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks Sal for posting that. I didn't see PA's request.

Tuffmug
03-23-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm hoping for a lot more lost souls to bet against Dutrow horses when the detention barn goes up. Will improve my price when Dutrow wins.

alysheba88
03-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Could you reproduce the quote for those of us who don't have a subscription?

Isnt that a copyright violation? Surely DRF only wants those with subscriptions to look at their stuff, right?

:)

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2005, 07:49 PM
I asked for the quote, not the whole article. Reproducing a quote is perfectly acceptable, under fair use laws.

Kreed
03-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Trainers MUST be feeling trampled on now. Imagine, these guys are Loners
and Maveriks by Nature & now, cause of milkshakes, they've been Invaded,
their gettinG up a 4AM to start the day, workinG 2 the Bone, then NOW being
watched over... YeaH, I can understand their rage thanks to a few (i hope)
cheaters and liars. Man, I hate Liars (except in fiscal accounting issues) .

alysheba88
03-23-2005, 08:17 PM
I was just having some fun Pace.

But seriously, when it is a subscription only site I never post a link to it or quote from it. To me that is propiertery info. Not saying legally. For example, the NY Times wants you to register to their site. So I wouldnt copy something from there, since presumably they want only registered people doing so. Again, was just joking.

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2005, 04:02 AM
Joke or no joke, I have no problem with somebody quoting a paragraph from an article, whether it is behind a registration screen or not....this has been the policy for some time now...