This new Los Alamitos thoughrobred track they are thinking
of building. Is it going to be a major track equivalent to
the level of Holl park. If not its the kiss of death to
S. Cal racing. Who needs a Golden Gate or Bay Meadowns
level track around here.

Suff
03-22-2005, 07:24 AM
Things are Fine..

Don't worry about thing.. Just ask Game Theory and Pace Advantage.

According to them. Horse racing is the fastest Growing Sport in America.

Right...and they are selling Hollywood to build apartments, and opening up at a Fairgrounds bull ring.. Things are great.

CharlesTown cutting purses 20%... Thats a sure sign things are fine.

Don't worry about a thing. PA is gonna post another Poll that'll comfort yea.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2005, 10:05 AM
The wise-ass replies ain't helping anyone either....

Don't let any facts that might contradict your theory alter your perception...that might be useful.

OTM Al
03-22-2005, 11:13 AM
One thing to consider here too is the Sacramento track that's in the works. Not So. Cal, but not No. Cal either. Possibly a place where they converge for a few months of the season? If so, might be a good thing.

sq764
03-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Things are Fine..
CharlesTown cutting purses 20%... Thats a sure sign things are fine.

Don't worry about a thing. PA is gonna post another Poll that'll comfort yea.

I guess it's all in how you want to look at it:

http://www.keeneland.com/liveracing/press_releases/detail.asp?PID=1700

Keeneland – record attendance last meet..

http://www.ladowns.com/Horsemen/pressbox.cfm?id=139

Louisiana Downs – raised purses 9% this year

http://www.oceanportracingreport.com/Oceanport%20Racing%20Report.com%20New%20Jersey%20R acing%20News%202005.htm

Monmouth Park – Overnight purses set for a record $325,000 this meet, the highest ever for Monmouth

TOOZ
03-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Hollywood is scheduled to run 4/22 - 7/17 and 11/9 to 12/19.
Start Delmar after Memorial Day and let Santa Anita pick up the rest.

ratpack
03-22-2005, 01:41 PM
because first of all like they said it would cost $400M to build a first class T-bread track and in this day and age and unlike football or baseball we don't get the benefit of public money for our sport.

We are lucky we have a alternate track in a decent area that would take only $40M to make it into a decent track for T-breds.

The other option is to have Del Mar, SA and FairPlex absorb those race dates which is not totally out of the question.

delayjf
03-22-2005, 01:47 PM
I can't imagine who is going to buy apartment buildings in Inglewood, not exactly the nicest area.

Given the still large size of the betting pools at All So Cal tracks, I can't help but wonder if So Cal racing is really hurting that bad, at least money wise. I'd admit the quality of the racing with the small fields is not good, but the mutuel pools like the pick six still thrive. I'll bet Hol average pick six pools are larger than Saratoga's or Belmont Parks. America seems addicted to SoCal racing, despite the competitive quality.

ratpack
03-22-2005, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=delayjf]I can't imagine who is going to buy apartment buildings in Inglewood, not exactly the nicest area.

UPS has the inside track (no pun intended) for that land to build a distribution center.

ceejay
03-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Wasn't there some talk here last year about a new facility conceived of for the desert?

ratpack
03-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Wasn't there some talk here last year about a new facility conceived of for the desert?

That was a far fetched rumor. First off Santa Anita would have had to give up their prime winter dates to Hol park and second CD said they would help SA get slot, how they would do that is a mystery.