PDA

View Full Version : Shacopates shizzilated Music Awards and CD mix

Shacopate
03-21-2005, 03:59 AM
The categories are Pop, Power Pop, Punk, Country, Alternative, Angry Alternative, R&B, Metal, Hard Rock, Jazz Fusion, Jazz, Acid Jazz and Rock and Roll.

The descending order represents my own personal taste, for example, Pop will be the 13th or last song on the CD.

Anyway,

Time to get down to business.

13. The award for best POP GROUP goes to ...THE BEATLES. And the song for the chosen for the CD is ...WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEAPS.

12. The POWER POP award goes to...JOURNEY. And the song is ...WHO'S CRYING NOW.

11. The PUNK award goes to ... THE SEX PISTOLS. And the song is ... SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?

10. The COUNTRY award goes to ... JOHNNY CASH. And the song is ... A BOY NAMED SUE.

9. The ALTERNATIVE award goes to ... NIRVANA. And the song is ... SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT.

8. The ANGRY ALTERNATIVE award goes to ... NINE INCH NAILS. And the song is CLOSER.

7. The R&B award goes to ... THE GAP BAND. And the song is OUTSTANDING.

6. The METAL award goes to ... METALLICA. And the song chosen is SAD BUT TRUE.

5. The HARD ROCK award goes to ... LED ZEPPLIN. And the song is KASHMIR.

4. The JAZZ FUSION award goes to ... ALLAN HOLDSWORTH. And the song is METAL FATIGUE.

3. The JAZZ award goes to ... GEORGE DUKE. And the song is ... IT'S ON.

2. The ACID JAZZ award goes to ... DJ CAM. And the song is SUMMER IN PARIS.

1. The ROCK AND ROLL award goes to PINK FLOYD. And the song is DOGS.

I just hope all this fits on the CD.

Shacopate
03-21-2005, 04:20 AM
I forgot RAP... the award goes to PUBLIC ENEMY. And the song is ... FIGHT THE POWER.

14 songs now, hope it fits.

Shacopate
03-21-2005, 04:22 AM
And I forgot HIP HOP...The award goes to ...THE BLACK EYED PEAS. The song is ... FLY AWAY.

15 songs. No chance that all make it on this with DOGS being 17 minutes long.

Shacopate
03-21-2005, 04:35 AM
I'm gonna be uploading a RAP BATTLE between Emenim and Frank Zappa on Kazaa in about a week. Search for SHACOPATE RAP BATTLE. I mixed it with Virtual DJ.

Check out Frank Zappa's F*** YOURSELF, funny as hell, which is the track I used for the mix.

The late Frank Zappa was a genius and musical virtouso. Btw, EM loses.

Suff
03-21-2005, 08:41 AM
http://www.jackterror.com/

This is a friend of mine. I play Poker with him a couple of times a Month. Good guy , funny bastard.. but certifiably insane.

btw. Jack Terror is not his real name. Its the name of a Bill Collector that chased him, and haunted him for years.

BIG RED
03-21-2005, 09:04 AM
I'll e-mail that site to a younger guy I know, Suff, who likes that kind of music. Maybe between him and his freinds your freind may get some more hits at the site, or sales.(hip hop stuff)

Suff
03-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I'll e-mail that site to a younger guy I know, Suff, who likes that kind of music. Maybe between him and his freinds your freind may get some more hits at the site, or sales.(hip hop stuff)

That site is part gaff, part fun, small part real..

jack does www design for the real $$. Plus he is not a bad poker player. He's writing a site for me right now. Myself and 2 other friends are going into a part time internet business. Jack is taking a 10% interest for designing, writing, and maintaining our site.

Its going to be fun. We hope to be up and running by June 1, 2005.

kingfin66
03-22-2005, 01:13 AM
That site is part gaff, part fun, small part real..

jack does www design for the real $$. Plus he is not a bad poker player. He's writing a site for me right now. Myself and 2 other friends are going into a part time internet business. Jack is taking a 10% interest for designing, writing, and maintaining our site.

Its going to be fun. We hope to be up and running by June 1, 2005.

What is the topic for your site? Do you have a domain yet? Just curious...

kingfin66
03-22-2005, 01:15 AM
11. The PUNK award goes to ... THE SEX PISTOLS. And the song is ... SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?

I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but Should I Stay or Should I Go is by The Clash (Combat Rock).

Shacopate
03-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Thanks for pointing that out Kingfin,

My database has it listed under The Sex Pistols for some reason. I need to make a correction.

I don't listen to punk, but I didn't want to leave out any genres. Btw, my favorite Clash song is Rock the Kasba (sp?).

Shacopate
03-22-2005, 02:29 AM
http://www.virtualdj.com/

This is the coolest thing I have ever seen.

And they give you a FREE 20 day TEST DRIVE.

Kreed
03-22-2005, 07:54 AM
I'm an avid Punker (musically speaking) and there's lots of very great punk
sounds even today, but classic punk like Ramones & Sex Pistols who set the
total stage for Punk is MORE than Singing (like the Donnas) MORE then Lyrics
its a Total Tude and its there or NOT THERE (as in Green Day). Yet, when
I think of the BEST Sex Pistol songs that fully embody them its (1) LONELY BOY;
(2) NO ONE IS INNOCENT. Yeah Anarchy in the UK was great, but the above
two songs are TotalPunk. RE, the Ramones, who had ~10 GREAT songs,
"My Head is Hanging Upside Down" was not as well known, but JUST FAB.
What great rappers like EM & 50Cent & ~5 others got is NOT just the words,
but the LIFE & no amount of coaching can bring it to that level without it.
This is probly true of other Music genres, but I think the intensity isn't the same.
PS: On a totally different note I just read that Bobby Short (pianist, singer)
died at 80. My wife Solange spotted him one day while we were shopping for
odds & ends & within minutes we were speaking french (about Paris where he
played a lot while not in nyc ... and it turned out he lived ~2 blocks from us
and invited us to see him at the Carlyle where he played regularly for 20 yrs.
Anyways, we did go, of course, and he was GREAT ... umm, a real NY legend.

Suff
03-22-2005, 08:02 AM
What is the topic for your site? Do you have a domain yet? Just curious...

Once its launched I'll tell you..

I do have a couple of URLS".. and going to add a few more next month..

I don't want to get into the details because the only thing you'll see is the "Under Construction Banner"

But Rest assured I'll let you know whats up.

I am working with Jack.. http://www.jackterror.com

and I'd like to work with this Gal..

http://www.jaguarwoman.com/

I'm thinking about buying her "question authority" design.. (its in "whats new") I just want it tweeked a bit.. look around at some of her design work.. She's good. I don't know her at all.. I was refered to her.

Shacopate
03-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks Suff,

This comes at the perfect time for me. I just filled out the inquiry form, btw it's hilarious. She has one question stated like this: NAME (or mysterious alias).

kingfin66
03-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Good luck with that Suff. Sounds like it isn't necessarily horse racing which is very refreshing given that it is everybody's common interest here. Do let us know when it's up and running and, by all means, don't forget to include the Google ads to make a few bucks.

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2005, 04:29 AM
don't forget to include the Google ads to make a few bucks.

That's only half the battle. The other half is actually getting folks to click on an ad.

Shacopate
03-23-2005, 04:45 AM
PA,

I would like to pick your brain on maintaining a website.

I'll send you a pm in a few days with some questions and concerns.

We cool?

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2005, 04:53 AM
We cool?

Always.

kingfin66
03-23-2005, 11:05 AM
That's only half the battle. The other half is actually getting folks to click on an ad.

I hear you on that. It is doable, but you really need new, unique visitors daily. My brother and I have actually had some success with getting people to click on the ads for a site we run (not the one in my signature line). Of course, success to us is different than what a lot of people would consider success. If we make $10/day in ad revenue, we consider that very successful. Last Thursday, we had 130 unique visitors to our site with all visitors being directed by search engine alone - not too shabby. The cool thing is that we only started working on the site in December. I hope you're doing pretty well with your ads.