PDA

View Full Version : FREE racing data

highnote
03-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Can anyone help compile a list of websites where free result charts, payoffs, past performances, etc. are available?

Here are three links to Argentine racetracks. They offer free result charts and programs. The first link even has video for live racing at Palermo. The best part is that you can open a phone wagering account for betting on races at Palermo. There could be huge opportunities there.

http://www2.palermo.com.ar/
http://www.revistapalermo.com.ar/
http://www.hipodromosanisidro.com/index.htm

Please post more if you can. I know Hong Kong has free stuff. I think Japan and Germany do, too. Maybe Italy? Maybe Dubai? Australia or S. Africa?

It's a big world with lots or racetracks. Why limit yourself to betting locally when you can bet globally? US style speed figures for foriegn races might be like betting US races before Beyer figs were widely available.

js

BIG RED
03-20-2005, 05:43 PM
HK (www.hongkongjockeyclub.com)

Aus (www.australianracing.com)

Can't remember if the Aussie site has the PPs. Spread the wealth.

kenwoodallpromos
03-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Anyone know where I can find workouts for international tracks?

highnote
03-20-2005, 07:23 PM
HK (www.hongkongjockeyclub.com)

Aus (www.australianracing.com)

Can't remember if the Aussie site has the PPs. Spread the wealth.

Hong Kong -- what an incredible site!

Not only do they give pace times, but they give you a photo of each section so you can do your own beaten lengths. Lifetimes charts, lifetime past performances. All free. Equibase could learn something from them.

It's true they have a monopoly on racing, but at least they are willing to provide the data for free.

No small wonder Bill Benter moved there and made over $50,000,000 in a single year of betting.

I've been thinking about going on sabbatical for a year. It has to be some place with horseracing. Maybe Hong Kong is the place to go?

andicap
03-20-2005, 09:53 PM
How about the Vets Report at the Hong Kong site?

A report on how horses came out of the races. On March 19, the 13 had a right fore infected wound.

Wow!! Can you imagine American trainers revealing that stuff?? Do they have claiming races over there??

toetoe
03-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Ken,

I know in Brasil the workouts are in the SPORTS SECTION. Swear to God. Jornal Do Brasil, O Globo, Estado De Sao Paulo are three biggest papers. Arg. must have a similar setup, maybe Chi. also.

highnote
03-22-2005, 12:41 AM
Ken,

I know in Brasil the workouts are in the SPORTS SECTION. Swear to God. Jornal Do Brasil, O Globo, Estado De Sao Paulo are three biggest papers. Arg. must have a similar setup, maybe Chi. also.

The ARG papers had/have result charts, but only in hard copy. Could not find them online. Used to go to the library at Columbia U. and photocopy. I had this idea that I could make speed figures for ARG then open a phone acct and bet them. 10 years later I am finally able to do that. Luckily, you can find free HTML charts for ARG online.

Imagine that.... free online HTML result charts helps increase the handle for an ARG track -- and from a foreigner no less. Is anyone in the US racing industry listening? Free data increases handle!

I may even buy an ARG horse to import to this country given that I have good data on which to make a purchase decision. Is the US breeding industry listening?

Actually, I think BRIS offers free pps for Australian racing. But if they really wanted to increase wagering on AUS tracks, they'd give away free AUS charts so we could generate our own handicapping data for betting.

Do you know that Argentina's Palermo racetrack's phone acct also offers a small rebate? It isn't much, but it helps.

toetoe
03-22-2005, 08:42 AM
sj,

Also a pleasurable live racing experience in S.A., with real food and tasty beer. I know, sounds like a lie. Maybe I dreamt it.

highnote
03-22-2005, 08:59 AM
sj,

Also a pleasurable live racing experience in S.A., with real food and tasty beer. I know, sounds like a lie. Maybe I dreamt it.

I can believe it. Everyone I've talked to who has been to S.A. talks highly of it.

I'm planning on going to ARG this December for the big Grade One race at San Isidro.

js

AQUEBUCKS
03-22-2005, 05:16 PM
I've been to El Presidente Remon (Panama) and Monterrico (Peru). Don't waste your time. The Panama track is a real dump. (30-35% take), however some of the best jockey's in the USA were bred there. Monterrico, a bit nicer, but no Belmont or Santa Anita. Very high take-out with tiny pools. Both tracks are located in High-Crime areas. Be careful....

Aquebucks

highnote
03-22-2005, 05:44 PM
I think the ARG take is about 17 or 18%.

e_r
03-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Tell you this much, boys: the HKJC site is very impressive.

Speed figures, pace charts, FULL REPLAYS (with comments), entries, etc.

ALL FREE.

What am I missing here? NYRA makes me pay to view races (SLIME-Warner) offtrack/OTB, does not offer full replays the morning after, and the OTB simulcast usually doesn't replay the 9th race. Trip handicapper's paradise.

Then, of course, we have all the issues with data.

Combined with Pinnacle (they don't need my SS#----anyone in the country doing business and NOT requesting SS#'s?) , it's the way to go.

Betting/handicapping like a gentleman.

kenwoodallpromos
03-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Time to start our own International Racing Form- I will be the chart and workout caller in Jamaica!