PDA

View Full Version : DRF Total BS? -- No more (free) CJ Figs

azibuck
03-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Note that there's a question mark there.

I just went to pacefigures.com (CJ's site) to backcheck the numbers for the Gotham. There's an announcement there that "There will be no more free figures provided before the races here at PaceFigures.com. This is not my decision. If you have questions, you will have to contact Daily Racing Form. The programs are still available."

CJ, if you've truly hit the big time and entered a partnership with them or something like that, congratulations.

If they've put the screws to you, well (unprintable).

I won't buy the program because I just play this stupid game for kicks. I don't have what it takes to make a profit really (the time, the skill, the drive). I watch the NY circuit, so CJ's site was great to get rudimentary (but powerful) information regarding pace and speed -- for free. So when a maiden on my watch list comes up, or there's a stakes race, I can just go and take a look.

So what's the story. I assume there's a story? Or maybe you can't comment? Either way, this sucks.

Sorry if this has come up in another thread and I missed it.

Suff
03-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Note that there's a question mark there.

Sorry if this has come up in another thread and I missed it.

no problem

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18706

cj
03-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Oh, its come up. I'll post more this week, I'm busy betting today, and to be honest, I'm not real clear on what I can and cannot post after my conversations this weekend.

formula_2002
03-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Oh, its come up. I'll post more this week, I'm busy betting today, and to be honest, I'm not real clear on what I can and cannot post after my conversations this weekend.
Unless you have been served with a legal notice, then post.
If and when they issue a legal notice, sue..sue everyone!!

azibuck
03-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Oh, I knew about CJ's Impact, I just quit reading that thread a while ago. I checked the last page before posting and it wasn't mentioned. I didn't know how long they hadn't been available.

Suff
03-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh, I knew about CJ's Impact, I just quit reading that thread a while ago. I checked the last page before posting and it wasn't mentioned. I didn't know how long they hadn't been available.

For anyone that may be looking for the explanation of why the freebies are gone.

Its in the guts a Little bit.... Page 2 , Post 19.

JPinMaryland
03-21-2005, 06:36 PM
well would someone explain this to me? I went to the Thoro-graph site in order to see if there was some sort of discussion page, but I cant find nada. I tried to create a new user, but didnt get an email from them...so what gives? is there a discussion on the thoro graph site? do I need to be a member to read the discussion? am I on the correct site? Who am I? What gives? aaaaaaaahhhhh!!

BillW
03-21-2005, 06:41 PM
well would someone explain this to me? I went to the Thoro-graph site in order to see if there was some sort of discussion page, but I cant find nada. I tried to create a new user, but didnt get an email from them...so what gives? is there a discussion on the thoro graph site? do I need to be a member to read the discussion? am I on the correct site? Who am I? What gives? aaaaaaaahhhhh!!

http://www.thorograph.com/phorum/list.php?f=1

:)

JPinMaryland
03-22-2005, 04:28 AM
THat's nice. Now how on earth would anyone have found that discussion board from the home page? It's mind boggling how these websites are set up so unfriendly. Or maybe I am missing something?

JimG
03-22-2005, 07:42 AM
THat's nice. Now how on earth would anyone have found that discussion board from the home page? It's mind boggling how these websites are set up so unfriendly. Or maybe I am missing something?

JP,

On the home page, right hand side, click on "Ask the Experts", that is their forum.

Jim