PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood

GameTheory
03-20-2005, 02:19 PM
I see Just Ralph is a fan.

Deadwood -- best TV show ever? I picked up the DVD set of the 1st season and re-watched all 12 episodes to get myself ready for the new season. (3rd episode of new season is on tonight).

I am simply staggered by how thoroughly excellent this show is, at least the first season. Reserving judgement on new season until it really gets rolling... I wonder if they can keep it up....

cj
03-20-2005, 02:23 PM
I've only seen the first episode, it came in one of the seasons of OZ that I bought. I will be buying season 1 now, looks like a really great show. Does HBO make a bad one? I'm hooked on The Sopranos, The Wire, OZ, and probably Deadwood soon.

chickenhead
03-20-2005, 02:27 PM
my sentiments exactly, blown away by it....Al swerigen and "montana" are perhaps the most interesting combo I have ever seen...all the characters are fabulous...the dialogue is perfect, smart, funny...I don't personally know many fans, don't know why it hasn't caught on more.

Dick Schmidt
03-20-2005, 04:03 PM
I also enjoy the show. I was watching a show on the History Channel the other night about Deadwood, and was surprised to see that most of the major characters are actually historical figures. Amazingly enough, the Al Swerington character on the show (who makes the show, a great villain) was actually much worse in reality than in Deadwood. Hard to believe, but he seemed to enjoy beating women, and beat at least one wife to death. Interesting slice of little known history.

Dick

JustRalph
03-20-2005, 05:40 PM
the dialogue is the best ever.............

Lefty
03-21-2005, 12:00 PM
I love the show too. Sadly, I missed the first 2 episodes of this new season, didn't seem to be advertised much as to when it would start. I keot seeing coming soon. Oh, well, i'm sure repeats are coming. Great show.

GameTheory
03-21-2005, 12:36 PM
I love the show too. Sadly, I missed the first 2 episodes of this new season, didn't seem to be advertised much as to when it would start. I keot seeing coming soon. Oh, well, i'm sure repeats are coming. Great show.They are showing all 3 of them this Friday...

Dick Schmidt
03-21-2005, 04:40 PM
The end of epsiode 3 . . . ARGHHHHH! Anyone who thinks modern medicine isn't a good thing, watch this show. OUCH!!!!

Dick

BillW
03-21-2005, 04:46 PM
I was waiting for the "instrument scraping stone" sound effect in Dolby 5.1 :eek:

Lefty
03-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks, GT, i'll be watching.
Dick, yes, "OUCH!"

JustRalph
03-21-2005, 07:42 PM
if you have ever had a kidney stone.......that was almost unbearable to watch