PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Weekend 3/12

OTM Al
03-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Not a lot of action on the Derby trail this weekend. Watched a couple races but kept the bankroll closed. Just some thoughts

High Limit....still don't know what to think of him after a couple days reflection. Can't belittle him as he did a nice job winning the LA derby, but just no frame of reference for him yet. He could be good, but he is certainly going to be pretty short on experience come May. Anybody still like Scipion?

Bay Meadows Thingee.....top 3yo in No. Cal. (when Lost in The Fog is not around) whoever he is? Pass.

Sweet Catomine....Best 3yo filly still, though her trainer claiming she was the best filly ever is a big stretch. Guess its the SA Derby for her next. I think she can take them, though I don't know if that's saying something about her or the CA crop of boys. Any more top defections and I might start having to take her seriously in this division.

Good set coming up this weekend. Gotham will have the New Yorkers running in force. 1 turn mile though....couldn't this race be 1 1/16? Would make a lot more sense. They went 1 1/8 last year as 2yos there. Speaking of making sense, why are there 2 1 1/16 m preps at SA within 2 weeks of each other. Wow, what races too. 6 in the first and looking like maybe that many this week. Expect to see Roman Ruler go flop again. Maybe Wilko will win and get all hyped again.....And for the little guy, Sun King at Tampa Bay. I might start having to really like him if he blows the doors off that one. And finally the Rebel at Oaklawn. Hope Rocky is able to get it together. His hurts are taking the wind out of what originally looked to be the most exciting track for preps this year.

cj
03-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Aqueduct doesn't run 1 1/16 miles on the main track due to it being a 1 1/8 mile track. The Wood is the next logical step.

OTM Al
03-14-2005, 08:15 PM
D'oh! My favorite track and I forget something like that. Don't know why I was thinking it is only a mile when that is the size of the inner...of course I could repeat that complaint and say why don't they run it on the inner, but I think I'll leave that one alone.