PDA

View Full Version : Hey I think I figured out what happened to Bandini the other day...

JPinMaryland
03-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Look at the home stretch, there are big long shadows all over it. There are three large ones in fact. The first two are separated by a narrow band of light and then there is a larger band maybe 30 feet between the 2nd and 3rd shadow.

Bandini rounds the last turn and he and jockey enter the first shaded part of stretch, then the next shadow, he starts hitting him, I guess the second time he hits him, Bandini emerges from the second shadow into the light strip and begins charging. But two strides later, he's back in the shadow and he stops charging. The jock is sitting up just waiting for him to go at this pt. but no fire.

THen he emerges from the 3rd shadow and now comes running. This is like w/ less than 1/8 to go. It's too late. But the shadows must have spooked Bandini at the wrong moment.

GO look at the tape, Bandini doesnt start his drive till the moment he emerges into the light. AS SOON AS he emerges he starts running, he goes even before the jock (Velasquez?) begins hitting him.