PDA

View Full Version : New Iraqi government problems

Secretariat
03-13-2005, 01:12 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=3&u=/nm/20050313/ts_nm/iraq_dc

Chalabi unable to broker a compromise.

ljb
03-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Perhaps we should invade.... Oh wait we already did that. :D

Suff
03-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Perhaps we should invade.... Oh wait we already did that. :D

They're talking. Kurds, Shiites, Sunni's. Talking. Thats Great... Peacefully disagreeing. Thats success imho. Let them disagree all they want...as we do here. "Vital Opposition" doesn't lie down...

ljb
03-13-2005, 01:47 PM
They're talking. Kurds, Shiites, Sunni's. Talking. Thats Great... Peacefully disagreeing. Thats success imho. Let them disagree all they want...as we do here. "Vital Opposition" doesn't lie down...
Oh you mean like we do here in the good ol U.S. of A. ;)

Kreed
03-13-2005, 01:53 PM
NO matter what you think of How we got there or If we should be there, we
are there, and it's still dicey, but I think it's a profound chance to change
things for the better. I didn't think we should have gone, and I'm GREATLY
bothered that we Lost even one american soldier & maimed so many others,
but WTF can we do NOW except plan to protect our forces better. Like I said,
its still too dicey, but ....

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2005, 02:24 PM
See, these stupid wise-ass one line replies by LJB are a perfect example of what I'm talking about...

sq764
03-13-2005, 02:50 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=3&u=/nm/20050313/ts_nm/iraq_dc

Chalabi unable to broker a compromise.
Peaceful talks without bloodshed?? Isn't this kind of the goal over there?
Maybe that's just me..

ljb
03-13-2005, 06:53 PM
See, these stupid wise-ass one line replies by LJB are a perfect example of what I'm talking about...
Pa,
Lighten up, I was making a referall to what I think is the governments attempts at silencing dissenters in this country. Now i can go to great lengths and explain my opinion in numerous paragraphs and links to stories/articles supporting my opinion, but I think one line is sufficient to get my point across.

Secretariat
03-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Peaceful talks without bloodshed?? Isn't this kind of the goal over there?
Maybe that's just me..

Well, I got the impression from the article the people were more interested in results.

"Parliament's meeting Wednesday will take place more than six weeks after polls that gave many in Iraq hope a new authority would clamp down on suicide attacks, car bombs and execution-style killings by mainly Sunni Arab insurgents.

Many Iraqis blame politicians, for whom they say they risked their lives to vote in the Jan. 30 elections, for prolonging a political vacuum while violence spirals.

Sunni Arabs, dominant under Saddam, largely boycotted the election and have little representation in the new assembly.

Insurgents have staged ever bolder raids on Shi'ite and government targets in a drive to topple the U.S.-backed administration and stall efforts to form a new cabinet. "

Peaceful talks are good yes, no question. But the longer the Sunnis are excluded and the Shites and Kurds bicker over oil revenues "17 versus 25", the longer our troops will be there. I don't think that part is a good thing.

Tom
03-13-2005, 09:18 PM
The sunnies excluded themselves. They have no right to participate.

ljb
03-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Easy Tom,
Your reply may qualify as a one line smart ass remark. I have heard this type of comment is no longer acceptable on this board. If you wish to make a comment it must be more then one line and not be of a smart ass type. Please in the future clarify all your points with some additional verbiage. Perhaps you would want to sign up for Boxcars writing class he seems to have an expansive amount of extra words. ;)

Tom
03-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Keep it up and spoil it for everyone - I wouldn't blame PA for shutting this down - you guys just don't learn. What is so hard about listening to the guy who pays the bills and respecting his wishes?

Equineer
03-13-2005, 10:55 PM
See, these stupid wise-ass one line replies by LJB are a perfect example of what I'm talking about...Yeah, the one-liners are tedious fare.

Why don't you tell everyone to follow my example and present substantive opinions and arguments during political debates? :):):)

Right or wrong, opinions and arguments without substance make for boring reads.

Even my alleged egregious "insults" tended to be chock full of "meat and potatoes" taken from our own posted records... straight from the horse's mouth so to speak. :):):)

However, I hope you do follow through with banning personal insults and wise-ass quips rendered as orphaned statements... and how about posts consisting of nothing more than emoticons?

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Easy Tom,
Your reply may qualify as a one line smart ass remark. I have heard this type of comment is no longer acceptable on this board. If you wish to make a comment it must be more then one line and not be of a smart ass type. Please in the future clarify all your points with some additional verbiage. Perhaps you would want to sign up for Boxcars writing class he seems to have an expansive amount of extra words. ;)

See, this entire post of yours LJB qualifies as a smart ass remark. You're a troll at this point, nothing more.

Tom's one line remark was not a smart ass remark. Please pay attention....the phrases "ONE LINE" and "SMART ASS" are NOT mutually exclusive. They go HAND IN HAND.

Thanks for your understanding.

Secretariat
03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
The sunnies excluded themselves. They have no right to participate.

Problem is Tom, they make a large portion of the insurgents and will continue to do so unless they can be persuaded to join. If they don't join it insures America will be there much longer, and that a demcoracy in which a large people are not included will always represent a potential for continued violence.

ljb
03-14-2005, 08:41 PM
See, this entire post of yours LJB qualifies as a smart ass remark. You're a troll at this point, nothing more.

Tom's one line remark was not a smart ass remark. Please pay attention....the phrases "ONE LINE" and "SMART ASS" are NOT mutually exclusive. They go HAND IN HAND.

Thanks for your understanding.
It appears that both you and Tom failed to see the ;) at the end of my note. I was trying to make light of it. The folks on this board are getting way to serious. Most everything WE say wont make a hill of beans but we try to enjoy ourselves.

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2005, 11:43 PM
The folks on this board are getting way to serious.

You're certainly 100% correct in that statement....