PDA

View Full Version : HIGH LIMIT ..never been worse than First at any call so far :)

BeatTheChalk
03-12-2005, 10:49 PM
hmm not bad..and the Breeding ... Marias Mon ( Monarchos )
So we have a 1/2 brother to Monarchos.

frankfig
03-12-2005, 11:27 PM
He has a very strong pedigree. Female side is very good. I think he probably got a 106 or better Beyer today, and i dont think he was 100% cranked. Also he was a little green down the stretch. I know alot of people are going to say he had an easy lead but he ran a mile time pretty close to BADGE of Silver [ very good older horse] And there was a big gap in the field. I know it is early but this is THE best 3yo i have seen and i think he has a GREAT shot in the derby ! good luck

Speed Figure
03-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Very good race. I think the best race for him is the Blue Grass.

High Limit ES PF LP SF
91 102 106 103

the little guy
03-13-2005, 12:08 AM
hmm not bad..and the Breeding ... Marias Mon ( Monarchos )
So we have a 1/2 brother to Monarchos.I hate to break the bad news to you but horses by the same sire are not 1/2 brothers or sisters. You are related on your dam side, and the sire only matters if the dams are related.

On a more important note, horses than win walking and loose on the lead on giant speed tracks prove absolutely nothing. Not a single horse gained an inch of meaningful ground in that race. Now, I'm not saying the winner MAY not be a nice horse, but today's race proved absolutely nothing.

Pace Cap'n
03-13-2005, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE= Now, I'm not saying the winner MAY not be a nice horse, but today's race proved absolutely nothing.[/QUOTE]

Proved he was the fastest of that bunch.

tonto1944
03-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Even if he wins Derby and Prekness both sides say he won't like Belmont. Turns to wide.

jorgie
03-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Forgive my naivete, but.........

If two horses have the same sire, won't they both inherit genes from their father? I have a half-sister (same sire...lol) and we have similar behavior, mannerisms, likes and dislikes, all of which are in common with our dad. If we happened to NOT be similar in many ways, it wouldn't be because our mother's weren't related, just that we got different traits from our dad.

cj
03-13-2005, 05:07 PM
If we were talking humans, of course they would be half brothers. But with horses, since sires produce so many offspring each year, while mares only produce one, the half sibling distinction is reserved for horses with the same dam.

frankfig
03-13-2005, 09:19 PM
It may not have proved much to alot of people,this i understand. I know one thing, IF this horse stays health, he will win some very big races this year. He could not have a better trainer thats for sure. Maybe im partial because i bet him earlier in the futures off shore. I also nailed the ex in the La derby. By the way why was Vicarage 30-1 ? GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Valuist
03-14-2005, 12:24 AM
I know horses often have big figure jumps between Nov of their 2YO year and March of their 3YO season but another example of a big Frankel move-up. In retrospect, 5-2 was quite a generous price, esp. if a field that really didn't have much other early speed. We'll have to see how he does when he faces pressure.