PDA

View Full Version : cj:

Observer
03-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Just wanted to say your latest avatar is adorable!

Is that young foal anyone in particular????

cj
03-12-2005, 04:09 AM
Latest official white foal on record. Read about it on Bloodhorse.

BillW
03-12-2005, 04:20 AM
This is pretty rare. Are there any white TBs running now?

cj
03-12-2005, 04:49 AM
Here is the article, gives some info on white thoroughbreds.

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=27087

toetoe
03-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Just quoting from memory, but I think it said that 18 were foaled between 1895 and 2002, and 12 since then.

Suff
03-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Latest official white foal on record. Read about it on Bloodhorse.

Geez.. your on one of them "can't do no wrong" rolls . You got your super-duper high falutin horse pickin program that everybody luvs... a few weeks back PA loved your avatar.. Now Observer thinks your (avatar) all cute and lovable. Whats next... CJ for President?...

cj
03-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Now I know Observer at least glances at my posts, what could be better than that? :)

midnight
03-12-2005, 12:45 PM
I've noticed that the program is already having an effect on the odds at some tracks. No surprise.

Observer
03-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Latest official white foal on record...

I was thinking that .. but got thrown off by what appears to be scattered light brown markings .. kinda like an Appaloosa .. but I guess that's just dirt from rolling around and playing in the paddock.

And yes .. I do at least glance!
;)
__________________________________________________ ____________________
Okay .. I checked the link after I posted the above (I do things backwards sometimes) .. the first time I read the story .. there was no photo .. and on that link .. it's more clear to see the brown I was thinking was brown .. I'm confused over how that's considered "white" .. the brown ears .. that's not dirt. I guess maybe that's baby hair and she'll grow into a full white coat???

BIG RED
03-13-2005, 11:48 AM
In this past week I could have sworn I was watching a white stallion run at one of the night tracks. It stood way out from the rest. I was saying to myself that it had to be a grey, could have it been white? Are any running now?

Figman
03-13-2005, 06:16 PM
CJ
Great job with you figures in the Razorback at Oaklawn. The superior figure horse MAUK FOUR ran gamely and finished 2nd at 23-1. He had by far the top figure. Using him with the other high figure horses resulted in the triple.

cj
03-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks. Tough beat, but made some scratch anyway. Yesterday was ugly, but today has been a very nice day.

Lasix1
03-13-2005, 08:16 PM
CJ
Great job with you figures in the Razorback at Oaklawn. The superior figure horse MAUK FOUR ran gamely and finished 2nd at 23-1. He had by far the top figure. Using him with the other high figure horses resulted in the triple.
I nailed it too, thanks to CJ's numbers. I was at the track, and Purge, the odds-on favorite who was driving into contention at the 1/4 poll suddenly stopped and finished dead last. He was walking fine after the race with no apparent injuries so I'll be anxious to see what happened to him. :confused:
This, of course, hyped the mutuals considerably.

JPinMaryland
03-14-2005, 02:55 AM
maybe Purge uses CJ's figures too?

cj
03-14-2005, 03:02 AM
Purge is a good example of a horse that just isn't the same, yet people keep betting him like he is. He had already run 3 sub par (for him, based on his history) races, and yet people will still keep betting him as though he ran those huge efforts last out. I don't think we'll be seeing much more of Purge, probably time for the phantom injury excuse and a life in the breeding shed.

Lasix1
03-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I agree with CJ that Purge has lost a step, is most likely past his prime and probably will be retired soon. He certainly wasn't a good bet yesterday at even money and I didn't even use him in the win hole on my ticket because the eventual winner, the Canadian champion 2-year-old Added Edge, had better numbers. But when a horse stops like Purge did, JPIN's sarcasm aside, it is usually due to some physical problem that occurred in the race.

hurrikane
03-14-2005, 12:56 PM
I saw a white tb last year(maybe 2 yrs) in a stk race at MNR.

I remember as it was the only time I have been to MNR and the only time I have seen a white TB.

I'll see if I can find who it was

cj
03-14-2005, 01:04 PM
The older grays get, the whiter they look, but they are not officially considered white. There was a horse running in Kentucky a while back that looked white with black feet. Pretty horse, I would have loved to have claimed that guy. Older gelding, won some starter allowances, but for the life of me I can't remember his name. He was still officially listed as gray or roan though.

Observer
03-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Some of the most notable runners whose color changed over the years .. Spectacular Bid, Holy Bull, Skip Away, Silver Charm .. they all started out pretty dark grey .. Spectacular Bid didn't even look grey when he was young .. but by the time he retired .. he was clearly grey .. through his retirement years .. he turned "flea-bitten" grey .. or white with tiny brown spots .. Holy Bull is turning "flea-bitten" as well. (see below for "fea-bitten" Spectacular Bid headshot)

And please save the silly comments on "flea-bitten."
:rolleyes:

What's even more interesting is in the Lipizzaner breed .. foals are born black .. and turn white. (see picture of black foal with white mare)

Back to that foal in cj's avatar .. see the pictures of what I was thinking when I think "white" foal .. (one is Patchen Beauty - who competed in Kentucky .. and the other is Patchen Beauty & a foal).