PDA

View Full Version : Boy could this get interesting..

sq764
03-11-2005, 10:40 AM
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20050310211009990016

OTM Al
03-11-2005, 12:13 PM
I will first say that baseball enjoys an odd position in American business in that it is exempt from anti-trust laws. Because of that, politicians have a back door into meddling with the sport that they do not have with other sports. That said....what the hell are these congressmen doing investigating this????? To me this is a tremendous waste of time and resources. Surely entertainment is not the biggest concern this country faces right now....congressmen going for TV time and non issues as usual.

sq764
03-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I agree.. It's a basic case of grandstanding by Congress..

What's the revelation if Canseco or Mcgwire admit to anything? Who cares.. they don't play anymore and there is no hard proof to show anything

freeneasy
03-11-2005, 02:30 PM
getting baseball cleaned up and leaving no room for the use of illegal drugs to exist in major leauge baseball as well as in any other sport has to happen and it has to get started somewhere somehow. and if forcing the door open thru this kind of national attention is the only way for mlbb to take the diciplinary action that it needed to take years ago when all this crap got started then so be it. it just a shame, a shame on the the entire major leauge, ballplayers included, for sitting back on there high haunches and letting the game of baseball get rotten with such an ugly infection.
i was extremely disappointed when canseco's book came out and tommy lasorda was asked his opinion and lasorda basically says something like, "all cansaco was interested in in writing this book was the money. i dont care how bad this problem in baseball is you dont bring it out this way by writing a book accusing your fellow players of this kind of a thing. you just dont do that to the guys you play baseball with, not for the money you dont. i dont care what you say canseco was wrong"
well as much as i love papa pasta tommy lasorda and dodger blue, and as much as i love baseball then i got to say, tommy you were wrong.
no you dont write a book for the purpose of making money if slander is needlessly included and extensive damage, or embarrasment is done to the personal lives and or carreers of those being targeted. and personally from what ive seen and heard i think tommy is right, canseco's concern was not for the use of steroids in major leauge sports and that in order to save baseball, no other alternitive was left but to write this book i think his concern was for the money
but this is not a case of infidelity, extra marital affairs, girlfriends, boyfriends, or the kind of gunk you see in the tabloids tommy, this is baseball, the national passtime, families, friends, kids, peanuts, popcorn, candy apples, bottom of the 9th, dodgers down by 3, bases loaded, 2 out, kirt gibson at the plate, 3-2 count, heres the pitch, bang, its gone, dodgers win it, dodgers win it. kirt gibson just hit a grand slam home run, dodgers win it, no tommy, the man wrote the book for the wrong reasons but hopefully the right thing will get done for the right reasons because of it because you sure as hell havent been leading the fight to get rid of this curse thats plaged the game i love. and thats what i expected to hear from tommy lasorda the man who bleds baseball and dodger blue. looks like your bloods gotten a little thin tommy. shame on you and shame on baseball for not raising the kind of hell that needed to be raised. makes cansaco look like the good guy

toetoe
03-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Free,
I am dead serious and as un-cynical as possible when I say ... it'll NEVER happen.

freeneasy
03-14-2005, 11:09 AM
how can it not happen. if we cant figure this one out then i give up

kenwoodallpromos
03-14-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm rooting for the Washington Nationals! :lol:

freeneasy
03-14-2005, 06:31 PM
washington generals, no wait, if i did that then i.d be rooting against the harlem globetrotters. and come to think of it there was a couple of times i did want to see the washington generals play a couple of tricks of their own on the globetrotters. thought that would have been pretty cool to see a little tit-for-tat like meadowlark lemon or curley getting a ball bounced off their head and go in to score a basket for the generals