PDA

View Full Version : VERY important Question

Kreed
03-10-2005, 05:41 PM
has anyone here taken time off from a job just to pursue a dream? Here's my
story: I LOVE MY NEW JOB. If i leave, I'll never get re-hired there. BUT, I
want to live in Italy for (estimate) at least 1 year. Whats more, I want it NOW.
Yeah, today was a typical crusher day: 3 of us from the company are in a limo
to LaGuardia going to Toronto & about 5 miles away, we get a URGENT CALL ... meeting cancelled. WTF? This "deal" was 3 months making & I'm sure it will be gOOD, but it got my brain aching 4 Florence & Milan. That's where I wanna be.
It's the poet in me // no Sh**T, i'm more artist than business guy // so yeah
this may be a mood, en passant, like a RuY Lopez move, but many times I sleep
sound & swear I hear, "Mangia, Derek", and keep shovelling linguini w/ oil & garlic. It's a Brain vs Heart issue & it's bewildering me.

Equineer
03-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Kreed,

Would a mosaic challenge whet your artisitic appetite?

A very dear friend is building an extensive new family campus on an estate outside of Ravello.

In the temple, he wants to commission a mosaic for the dome... depicting Christ preaching to a tribal gathering of Sioux Indians.

Like Michelangelo, you could probably make the job last several years.

Kreed
03-10-2005, 07:51 PM
I just wanna have FUN. go to cafes/ read the papers/ learn better Italian/
Play/ go to clubs/ cooK/see Art / learn about Love/ EaT/ Think History/ get
GooseD ... i'm running out of reasons, LOL .... i really am uncertain here.
Do YOU hear me?

keilan
03-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Derek -- listen you can still get goosed on wall street, I'm sure of it cause it's felt like I've been bent over a few times :mad: :mad: But really doesn't NY offer you everything that you mentioned with maybe the exception of learning about luv.

Tom
03-10-2005, 09:58 PM
How many other "jobs" like the one you will leave are out there that you could come back to in a year or so?

How many more times in your life will you be able to go off and live your dream?

GeTydOn
03-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Here's a question:

Your immediate supervisor in your dream job is a big enough ass to make you want to walk away.

Do You?

Shacopate
03-11-2005, 12:22 AM
Derek,

Why wouldn't you be eligible for re-hire from your present employer if you gave two weeks notice?

Also, the Ruy Lopez typically has no en passant capture. It's usually 1. E4 E5
2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 with alot of options for Black such as ...a6, Nf6, d6 and or even f5.

Listen to your heart, but don't burn your bridges.