PDA

View Full Version : Interesting news from 13wham, Tom's neck of the woods?

ljb
03-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Here is an interesting story from Tom's area.
http://www.wokr13.tv/news/national/story.aspx?content_id=422B960A-26BA-4891-9E60-21C8818788D4

sq764
03-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Here is an interesting story from Tom's area.
http://www.wokr13.tv/news/national/story.aspx?content_id=422B960A-26BA-4891-9E60-21C8818788D4
I see you read Drudgereport too..

What is interesting about this to you?

PaceAdvantage
03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
It's interesting to me.....makes that whole "fake moon landing" thing seem much more plausible.

Equineer
03-09-2005, 10:16 PM
LJB,

Other similar versions of that story began appearing when Saddam was captured, especially in the Kurdish press, then in media reports and blogs around the world.

Kurdish intelligence officers in Talabani's PUK militia have claimed that they tracked down Saddam and could have killed or captured him, but were ordered to wait for the arrival of a special U.S. unit that included Arabic-speaking troops such as the Marine mentioned in the your linked article. The rest of the Kurdish version is pretty much what the Marine said... Saddam was captured after a brief skirmish at a modest house in a farming village.

Reportedly, the U.S. wanted to maximize the chance of taking Saddam alive so he would not become a Baathist martyr.

All is fair in love and war... the "cowardly rat in a hole" surrender story may indeed have been wartime propaganda.

The picture in your link does look a bit like an ESPN advertising production... more like two guys doing the old Bristol Stomp rather than ready to pounce on Saddam.

I remember when the Dovells put Bristol on the map before ESPN arrived...

The kids in Bristol are sharp as a pistol
When they do the Bristol Stomp
Really somethin when they join in jumpin
When they do the Bristol Stomp

Tom
03-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Well, perhaps some corroborating evidence might lend some creedence to the claim (and I don't mean Clearwater).
And of course, Bristol is also in my neck of the woods.
The important part of the story, the REAL interesting thing about it, is that we caught him.

PA..you don't think we really went to the moon? Dick Tracy himself was there in the 60's - his son married Moon Maid. :lol:

Equineer
03-10-2005, 12:53 AM
It's a long hike from your Town of Bristol to the Bristol Zoo where the ESPN Sports Mascots live.

JustRalph
03-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Tom........I fell all the way down Bristol mountain on a ski trip once!

Sorry.........I forgot........ a Arab descendent friend of mine tells it different.....he says that I actually was able to ski the mountain in record time, the day before..............

Tom
03-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Ralph,
I fell down in the bar there once, or twice. :D

Equineer
03-10-2005, 08:09 PM
JustRalph,

I'm surprised they featured an Ohio Freestyle competition at Bristol Mountain. :D

NoDayJob
03-10-2005, 11:51 PM
It's interesting to me.....makes that whole "fake moon landing" thing seem much more plausible.

:lol: Not only plausible, but true. In fact the guy they claim is Sadam, in reality, is a wino bum I used to give money to. He panhandled on Turk Street, in Frisco, for years. The Gummint picked him up and shipped him to Iraq to be Sadam's body double so we could claim his capture. Sadam actually escaped us and is living the good life along with Bin Ladan, in a shared, double wide cave somewhere near the Pakistan border. :lol:

NDJ

Tom
03-10-2005, 11:55 PM
They are working together on.......Snap Capper II! :lol: