PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Downs Tuesday March 8

rrbauer
03-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Late start today!

R5
Route for NW3L @ $6500
There are two "need to lead" types here, #2 LOONEY LIONEL and #9 MIAMI STAR. If one of them gets loose, it's curtains for the rest. However, if these two go ding-donging then it could set up for #6 TACTICAL POWER who has been facing better at Calder; or, #8 GET OUTTA DODGE who just won a slow heat at 7f but gets an important rider change and will be grinding away.

R6
Turf MSW 1 1/16
You're invited to take another chance with the Proctor charge, #6 NATIVE BELLE. Now she could win but this isn't a good profile for a Proctor horse at this track. They usually come ready to run and if they win it's first or second time over the course. And the price will be short. Sooooo, I'm looking at #5 CHO CHANG on the stretchout and getting the chemical additive with Castanon staying aloft; and, the improving plodder coming over from Gulfstream, #4 ANDTHELIVINISEASY. If she moves forward again then this should be easy pickens; but, she has NO speed!

Back in a bit with the P4 races.

rrbauer
03-08-2005, 03:19 PM
R7 5.5f C12.5
Lots of speed signed on here. CHAOTIC ACHIEVER and YASOU DANIEL both have a good turn of early speed and I'm thinking they will comprimise each other's chances. (Been wrong before!) I think that #4 THUNDER BULL can improve some more for Hicklin as can #7 CHEROKEE DASH for Guciardo. If they don't improve then #10 KEY SOLUTION can win right back for Smock who is good with this kind and 'SOLUTION draws the catbird seat.

R8 6F (F) C16
#1 I'M AN EVIL ONE added blinks and wired a maiden field. Now she adds Lasix. #7 GOOD O BUNNY has a nice improvement line and showed improved speed in her last. Lynn Scace got #8 NONE FOR THE ROAD at first asking in her barn and she wins right back about 20% of the time. If you want to use more, try #9 DIRTYLITTLESECRETS and #5 SPARKLING BRANDY. Still not satisified? ALL!

R9 5F Turf Optional Clm
Most of these had to post a tag to get in here. But #10 DIRTYMOPOSSE still has this condition and draws a good hole for his style. I didn't like the ride he got in his last but there's a lot of things that I don't like! #4 GO FOR GLITTER is the one to beat and a definite use. I can make a case for the #7 RUNNING FURIOUSLY third off the layup. Longshots? #5 CALL ME PETE from behind; and, #9 UNFACED on the lead daring them to catch him.

R10 MSW 6f
#9 SALTARINA LAKE ships in from Gulfstream and has some works that scream: Ready! And, I like the #1 BUTTONHOOK showing a game run in her debut and adding Lasix; and, #6 SPARKLING FUTURE who might be figuring it out.

That's it!

rrbauer
03-08-2005, 03:32 PM
R5
Route for NW3L @ $6500
There are two "need to lead" types here, #2 LOONEY LIONEL and #9 MIAMI STAR. If one of them gets loose, it's curtains for the rest. However, if these two go ding-donging then it could set up for #6 TACTICAL POWER who has been facing better at Calder; or, #8 GET OUTTA DODGE who just won a slow heat at 7f but gets an important rider change and will be grinding away.

1st 6 TACTICAL POWER 25.80 11.20 4.60
2nd 5 GOTHIC 31.00 9.20
3rd 2 LOONEY LIONEL 2.60
4th 9 MIAMI STAR

#7 JR MADEITPOSSIBLE upset the pace picture by flying out early. #9 MIAMI STAR (broke in-bumped) tried to get the lead on the backside but never did. #2 LOONEY tracked a couple back and had a good trip. He got the lead into the lane but couldn't hold off the top two late. #8 GET OUTTA DODGE was pinballed at the start and although he made a wide sweeping move into the lane the bad start did him in.

R6
Turf MSW 1 1/16
You're invited to take another chance with the Proctor charge, #6 NATIVE BELLE. Now she could win but this isn't a good profile for a Proctor horse at this track. They usually come ready to run and if they win it's first or second time over the course. And the price will be short. Sooooo, I'm looking at #5 CHO CHANG on the stretchout and getting the chemical additive with Castanon staying aloft; and, the improving plodder coming over from Gulfstream, #4 ANDTHELIVINISEASY. If she moves forward again then this should be easy pickens; but, she has NO speed!

Race: 6 Win Place Show
1st 6 NATIVE BELLE 4.80 3.40 2.60
2nd 2 BLISSFUL IGNORANCE 6.00 4.80
3rd 5 CHO CHANG 4.20
4th 4 ANDTHELIVINISEASY

Not much to say here. When it came time to win the race 'Belle did just that. She drew out and was much best. So much for my read on the Proctor patterns.

headhawg
03-08-2005, 04:17 PM
....Not much to say here. When it came time to win the race 'Belle did just that. She drew out and was much best. So much for my read on the Proctor patterns.
Richard,

As you already know, sometimes stats/patterns come up and bite -- I didn't play a horse at Tam on Saturday because I had negative statistics on trainer Artz in the 3rd race. Paid $29. Ouch.

On the other hand, stats have saved me on numerous occasions.

Thanks for the analysis.

HH

rrbauer
03-08-2005, 05:01 PM
R7 5.5f C12.5
Lots of speed signed on here. CHAOTIC ACHIEVER and YASOU DANIEL both have a good turn of early speed and I'm thinking they will comprimise each other's chances. (Been wrong before!) I think that #4 THUNDER BULL can improve some more for Hicklin as can #7 CHEROKEE DASH for Guciardo. If they don't improve then #10 KEY SOLUTION can win right back for Smock who is good with this kind and 'SOLUTION draws the catbird seat.

1st 10 KEY SOLUTION 8.20 4.40 3.60
2nd 7 CHEROKEE DASH 6.00 5.20
3rd 1 CHAOTIC ACHIEVER 3.20
4th 3 JULES HALO
$2 Exacta 10-7 61.20
$2 Trifecta 10-7-1 183.80

'ACHIEVER got an uncontested lead but weakened late. 'SOLUTION tracked into the turn came up to challenge and drew away. 'DASH made a late run for 2nd.

R8 6F (F) C16
#1 I'M AN EVIL ONE added blinks and wired a maiden field. Now she adds Lasix. #7 GOOD O BUNNY has a nice improvement line and showed improved speed in her last. Lynn Scace got #8 NONE FOR THE ROAD at first asking in her barn and she wins right back about 20% of the time. If you want to use more, try #9 DIRTYLITTLESECRETS and #5 SPARKLING BRANDY. Still not satisified? ALL!

1st 10 SECRET LIES 23.20 9.40 4.80
2nd 4 GLEANA 4.20 3.20
3rd 9 DIRTYLITTLESECRETS 4.60
4th 8 NONE FOR THE ROAD

I missed the break on this one and it's clear that I missed the winner too!
"ALL" was appropriate as it turned out.

R9 5F Turf Optional Clm
Most of these had to post a tag to get in here. But #10 DIRTYMOPOSSE still has this condition and draws a good hole for his style. I didn't like the ride he got in his last but there's a lot of things that I don't like! #4 GO FOR GLITTER is the one to beat and a definite use. I can make a case for the #7 RUNNING FURIOUSLY third off the layup. Longshots? #5 CALL ME PETE from behind; and, #9 UNFACED on the lead daring them to catch him.

1st 10 DIRTYMOPOSSE 5.00 3.40 2.80
2nd 5 CALL ME PETE 8.40 6.40
3rd 6 ACADEMIC ASH 8.80
4th 4 GO FOR GLITTER
$2 Exacta 10-5 40.20

Pretty much as advertised. UNFACED got away to a couple length lead but into the lane 'POSSE came up to challenge and then drew off. 'PETE tried hard in the lane but was 2nd best.

R10 MSW 6f
#9 SALTARINA LAKE ships in from Gulfstream and has some works that scream: Ready! And, I like the #1 BUTTONHOOK showing a game run in her debut and adding Lasix; and, #6 SPARKLING FUTURE who might be figuring it out.

1st 9 SALTARINA LAKE (ARG) 3.60 3.00 2.20
2nd 1 BUTTONHOOK 7.00 3.80
3rd 7 SHESPRECOCIOUS 3.00
4th 8 ANOTHER MOOCHIE
$2 D/Double 10/9 10.40
$2 Exacta 9-1 34.80

SALTARINA prominent from the break took over on the turn and whistled "Dixie"! Put BUTTONHOOK on your HTW list. Race much better
than looks. Pressed the pace early then dropped way back only to come again with a big rush late for 2nd. She can beat these types next time.

freeneasy
03-08-2005, 07:25 PM
ever cap the standard breds? bet you'd be a monster. i mean thats about all you do is pick freak'n winners, short, long, dus'nt matter. she-it.

rrbauer
03-08-2005, 09:40 PM
What's a standard bred? Is that one of those Melman buggy jobs?

freeneasy
03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
you dont dabble around with the buggy races now and then? i know its not all as easy as it looks but shit if every race is run at the same distance then half the battle is over right there, i mean there just cant be that much left to compensate for. 1/2 mile, 5/8 mile, 7/8 mile and 1 mile tracks? most of the runners stay put and you dont get a lot of shippers from one size track to another size track cause the purses arent big enough so its just at the end of one meet and the beginning of another, until a horse has a race or two under his belt, that you'd really have to make any compensation from one track size to another. that and racing wide around the turns. c'mon rr, you'd kick em in the ass.