PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if this is true and neo-cons won't like it but I think it is funny.

ljb
03-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Bush visited Arizona to give a speech to the Indians. After promising 1700 different things he was going to do for them and before his plane left the Indians presented him with a plaque that named him "WALKING EAGLE" A reporter went up to the chief later and asked "What does WALKING EAGLE stand for? The chief said "He's so full of shit he can't fly."

Tom
03-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Be careful, L - don't step into a pile of kiemo-sabe!

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Is "neo-con" the answer to "liberal?" Is it supposed to have a negative connotation much like the word "liberal" in recent campaigns?

Will we be seeing the term "neo-con" used soon in a campaign near you?

ljb
03-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Depends PA,
If you consider liberal to have a negative connotation, I guess you could put a negative connotation on neo-con.

toetoe
03-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Can I say I find that hilarious without:

1) taking sides, or

2) believing it happened?

ElKabong
03-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Depends PA,
If you consider liberal to have a negative connotation,...

Since they're a perennial LOSER in national elections, then yes, I suppose "liberal" has a negative connotation.

ljb
03-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Elk,
you only replied to half the question. What about the neo-con lable?

Secretariat
03-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Is "neo-con" the answer to "liberal?" Is it supposed to have a negative connotation much like the word "liberal" in recent campaigns?

The Neocon term is interesting. I've posted a link it's history as well as a quiz to find out if you are a neocon.

http://www.csmonitor.com/specials/neocon/neocon101.html

Just as liberal has connotations towards certain priorities so does the term neocon. As you can read in the article it is quite interesting. I would add that the definition of a true conservative and a neocon deals with fiscal priorities versus foreign policy priorities which has become evident in this administration. One likes to think one does both, but there is a new philosophy of foregin policy from this admin which matches that of the neocon philosophy. When one looks at them as labels liberal or neocon (good or bad) it doesn't really get at the roots of what they're about.

The article is excellent and gets to the roots of the neocon tradition which is quite different than the conservative tradition which I consider much more fiscally responsible.

ljb
03-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Based on this link, is neo-con a bad connotation or a good one? ;)

Suff
03-11-2005, 01:26 PM

I didn't realize it would offend that many people. I for one will not be using it any longer. I'm going with my new acronym of "Repug" to indicate the right.

and no..its not short for repugnant. Its stands for Republican. Most of them anyway.... :sleeping: :ThmbUp: :eek: :cool:

46zilzal
03-11-2005, 01:26 PM
http://www.newamericancentury.org/

Go here and learn all about them and their ideas on WORLD domination.

Secretariat
03-11-2005, 04:43 PM
I didn't realize it would offend that many people. I for one will not be using it any longer. I'm going with my new acronym of "Repug" to indicate the right.

and no..its not short for repugnant. Its stands for Republican. Most of them anyway.... :sleeping: :ThmbUp: :eek: :cool:

I don't consider neocon an insult anymore than I consider liberal an insult. It is a set of priorities. Many members of this board have backed almost totally neocon aims. That's fine. People have called me a liberal here and I have no objection. I was never called a liberal until coming here. It actually caused me to examine my beleifs and I suppose I am a liberal. I do encourage people to take the neocon quiz I posted earlier. Suff, all republicans are not neocons as all Dems are not liberals. I think Repub lumps a lot of different beleifs. The Neocon description however captures something specific. SQ's posts without question place him right in the neocon camp.

ljb
03-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Sec,
I agree with your post with the possible exception of calling sq a neocon. I think sq is just too naive to know what he is doing. On the other hand, I have been wrong in the past, he could be a neocon. ;)

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2005, 04:50 AM
Many members of this board have backed almost totally neocon aims. That's fine.

And many members of the board are against everything these wacky "neocons" stand for. So what? Who cares. Why do you try and label this HORSE RACING BOARD one way or the other? For every right wing nutty "neocon", I can point you to an equally nutty leftist loon.....

What's the point?

sq764
03-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Sec,
I agree with your post with the possible exception of calling sq a neocon. I think sq is just too naive to know what he is doing. On the other hand, I have been wrong in the past, he could be a neocon. ;)
Yup Dumb Old Me... I think you and Sec trying to question someone's intelligence is one of the few things that makes you happy. It's kind of sad in a way, but it's not uncommon.

People with low self-esteem often do this as a last resort..

Keep it up boys..

Secretariat
03-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Yup Dumb Old Me... I think you and Sec trying to question someone's intelligence is one of the few things that makes you happy. It's kind of sad in a way, but it's not uncommon.

People with low self-esteem often do this as a last resort..

Keep it up boys..

Would you please go back and reread my posts. It does not say you are not intelligent and I personally do not consider neocon an insult anymore than I do liberal an insult. Neocon is simply a set of beleifs which I strongly disagree with. SQ, your posts seem almost in step with their positions. That's all.

PA asked if neocon is a negative connotation? Well, if you read the link I posted and take the quiz make your own inference. I do not consider a Republican and a neocon the same thing. I have seen many Republicans post here, and I have seen lots of post supporting neocon positions. Neocon may have a negative connotation to me because of the positions they support, but to a neocon it is the correct position so to them it should be a positive connotation. It's POV PA. That's all.

sq764
03-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Would you please go back and reread my posts. It does not say you are not intelligent and I personally do not consider neocon an insult anymore than I do liberal an insult. Neocon is simply a set of beleifs which I strongly disagree with. SQ, your posts seem almost in step with their positions. That's all.

You are right about one thing, I shouldn't lump you in with Equineer and LJB, as you occasionally post a thought-provoking idea..

ljb
03-12-2005, 05:24 PM
from SQ
"You are right about one thing, I shouldn't lump you in with Equineer and LJB, as you occasionally post a thought-provoking idea.. "
Come on SQ fess up now when have you ever had a thought?

sq764
03-12-2005, 05:59 PM
from SQ
"You are right about one thing, I shouldn't lump you in with Equineer and LJB, as you occasionally post a thought-provoking idea.. "
Regardless, it has nothing to do with the statement of mine you quoted.. good work.

Tom
03-12-2005, 06:31 PM
from SQ

Your constant whinning about name-calling and personal attacks would carry a lot more weight if YOU wee not one the biggest offenders. Dweeb. :eek:

ljb
03-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Tom,
Did you just call me a dweeb? Check back through the thread and you will find Sq has made nothing but personal attacks and name called.
Even a saint such as myself has his limits. It appears sq only understands that type of communication.

Lefty
03-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Neo means new and con is short for conservative. I think neo cons are former libs and dems who have seen the light. Looking at the quiz I think most conservatives believe most of those things. I have been a conservative a long time so by definition not a neo con.

Tom
03-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Tom,
Did you just call me a dweeb? Check back through the thread and you will find Sq has made nothing but personal attacks and name called.
Even a saint such as myself has his limits. It appears sq only understands that type of communication.

No. I called you a Dweeb! :D (Play on words)

ljb
03-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Neo means new and con is short for conservative. I think neo cons are former libs and dems who have seen the light. Looking at the quiz I think most conservatives believe most of those things. I have been a conservative a long time so by definition not a neo con.
So then the thread "Does this make sense to you ?" Makes sense to you?
If you wander around a bit someone has posted a list of current neocons on this board I don't think any of them were former libs or dems.

sq764
03-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Tom,
It's hard for people to respond differently when you call them 'brainwashed dolts', 'mindless' and 'narrowminded'..

Either insult or don't insult, don't be a hypocritical baby.

ljb
03-13-2005, 11:25 AM
sq,
Why are you so shallow?

sq764
03-13-2005, 11:26 AM
sq,
Why are you so shallow?
Yet another hypocritical insult.. Right on cue..

ljb
03-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the quick response. No answer but quick!

Tom
03-13-2005, 11:42 AM
sq...I think he might actually believe he is not calling people names or beig insulting. Remeber, he had a very powerful spin machine he uses to filter out reality. :D