PDA

View Full Version : Database for non-Db'ers

raybo
03-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Does anyone have a very simple database example, specific to horse handicapping and compatable with Access that could be emailed to me? I want to do some experimenting but need something extremely basic to get an idea of how one is set up. I am not a DB guy by any means so keep that in mind. Thanks

Hammerhead
03-05-2005, 08:00 AM
I have a couple I can trim down. to e-mail complete with quiries etc. Be glad to give you a start. They are in Access.

raybo
03-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Hammerhead,

Thanks a lot. I've been wanting to do this for quite a while and have read some of the theory but I was a little overwhelmed, to say the least. Of course, I read about Excel years ago, too, and was intimidated by it also but after "wading in" it wasn't nearly as tough as I had thought it would be. I think if I can get a look at how the tables are set up and the relationships made I will be ok. Here's my email address: Raybo (rbaker529@msn.com)

Again, thanks loads!
Ray

Hammerhead
03-05-2005, 08:00 PM
OK Raybo. 1 is on it's way e-mail me if you recieve it.
It's bed time for bonzo. It includes one download day and all junk except workouts which I had to delete to mail it. :sleeping:

raybo
03-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Hammerhead,

Got it, thanks.

traynor
03-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Hammerhead,
Would it be possible to get a sample of your Access database files (the macros or code used)? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

Hammerhead
03-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Send me your e-mail address.
It has all kinds of junk in it. Stictly home made with a day of races downloaded, using Game Theory's program. Should give you a insite into how to set 1 up to work for you.