PDA

View Full Version : Pace Appraiser

cj
03-04-2005, 05:34 AM
I know there has been some talk here about this program. I see this posted on the site, good news I would think.

Try it free for 10 days. Sign up now. Click here (http://www.paceappraiser.com/sign_up.html)!
Data file import version will be released next week!
Built for TSN, BRIS, DRF Formulator data files. Manual version included.
There will not be a price increase. If you bought the old version the upgrade is free.

bobbyb
03-04-2005, 06:11 AM
Manual vs Import

cj, I have been using Pace App. manually, past month, and found myself really getting into the races I handicapped - in other words I was in total control of my decisions, looking at each entry, (thinking again) - whereas in the past, with other software, I became lazy and was just accepting the output - :bang:

Your program, although importable, is similar - I know and read the results of using the last, best number - but IMO its more than that - it too requires you to think.

bobbyb

andicap
03-04-2005, 09:46 AM
After asking him when his new version would be ready, Randy kindly e-mailed back very promptly with the answer. Then he added that he worked on it very quickly because he too was tired of pumping in data manually!

One of the real original thinkers and nice guys in this game. i will try the program and urge others with any interest in pace to do so as well. I'm hoping that it will help me narrow down my list of 3 or 4 contenders and point out longshots I might have missed otherwise. Having one more effective weapon in your arsenal can't hurt.

Maxspa
03-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Andicap,
After struggling with manual input, I welcome the downloadable version.
By the time you get the late scratches, it leaves you with about an hour to print out reports and manual input would in some cases take more than the hour. Since many of us use this program in conjunction with other data preparation time is of the essence.
Is the program effective? I for one have been able to incorporate the figures with other data and see the positive difference.
Maxspa