PDA

View Full Version : netcapper handicapping program

golfclub48
03-01-2005, 05:21 PM
I am new to this board but was wondering if anyone has used the handicapping program netcapper and if so what do you think. I have been using Racecom for the past 5 years and don't seem to be going anywhere with it... Thanks

betovernetcapper
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
I like the program. It provides a pretty detailed track and handicappinng model. It tracks it's performance on each track by overlay and underlay. Theres a new feature that allows you to track your bets pretty effortlessly. You can download your oddsline to ATR. You get great trainer stats-very detailed past performances and super customer support. Another selling point (for me) is that it uses HDW data-unlimited for $100 a month. My experience with this progam has been very positive. :)

midnight
03-01-2005, 06:35 PM
While I've never tested, it, I see that Gordon Pine is behind it, and that alone would give it credibility as far as I'm concerned.

ratpack
03-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I thought about switching over to it because of the spot play charting that it has and everything I ever heard about Mr. Pine has been positive.

I keep in contact with some people who use it and after a few days of a learning curve the day to day use and update seems to be simple.

The only negative if you want to call it that is the I heard it now come with some 150+ spot plays built in and while download time from HDW is not to much of a factor if you have say a Pent 3 with only 128 mg of memory it need like 15 hours to process all the spot plays.

azmike
03-02-2005, 12:29 AM
I thought about switching over to it because of the spot play charting that it has and everything I ever heard about Mr. Pine has been positive.

I keep in contact with some people who use it and after a few days of a learning curve the day to day use and update seems to be simple.

The only negative if you want to call it that is the I heard it now come with some 150+ spot plays built in and while download time from HDW is not to much of a factor if you have say a Pent 3 with only 128 mg of memory it need like 15 hours to process all the spot plays.

Gordon Pine is a nice guy and has much experience in computer handicapping. I was one of early users of the program. I liked many things about it but at the time (again this was version 1.0 or so) it was way too slow in processing data. It took an incredible amount of time to process multiple race files. I have been curious if that aspect has improved dramatically. That was really my only complaint.

betovernetcapper
03-02-2005, 06:25 AM
The processing time has gotten a lot faster and is not a issue,at least for me. Re the number of spot plays, you can select the ones (if any) you want to track/process. If your using an older computer and elect to process every spot play at every track, it can take some time. Most people just let it run while their sleeping.

golfclub48
03-02-2005, 08:42 AM
I have been over to the website and it seems to sure have plenty of bells and whistles on it. From what I can see it has everything a handicapper might need. Does it take a lifetime to learn the program and get started. Thanks

Maxspa
03-06-2005, 10:50 PM
All,
After downloading the 2 demos, a must for anyone interested in the program, I was impressed with the progress Gordon Pine has made developing this software. Almost every area related to the handicapping of a race is covered. Even if a handicapper wasn't interested in the many spot plays available, there's plenty in depth coverage; from paceline selection to trainer stats. Add the quality of HDW downloads and you have a quality program. How about the bottom line? Will this program aid the individual, in his quest, to make Racing a profitable venture?
Maxspa

golfclub48
03-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Now thats the million dollar question, I love the demo Netcapper has it does cover everything but will it help pick winners?.

headhawg
03-07-2005, 11:05 AM
golfclub,

Are you looking for "black box" software? There have been many posts on software here, so do a search. I don't know of any commercial black box programs. If I designed one, I wouldn't sell it.

That being said, there is a lot of good software out there. I use Equisim and am intrigued by JCapper. If you're a figs guy, cj's program will give you great numbers and easy to read output. Steve Wolson from PowerOnline Software did a 500(?) race selection post last year and showed a profit.

Anyone can win with any good software. The trick is that you have to know how to use it. My advice? Try every software demo you can, and choose the one(s) that you like the best.

HH

legs
03-07-2005, 02:11 PM
I've had jcapper[bought] and testing it with his UDM's only [1000 races current ]it has showed a net loss on all his plays big time and using fair odds not so much of a big loss but still losing.

headhawg
03-07-2005, 03:02 PM
legs,

I don't want to turn this into a JCapper thread, but you probably don't want to use the built-in UDMs blindly. Create your own, and don't be afraid to use odds lines as your cutoff, (i.e., 4-1 or higher, 9-1 or higher, etc.). Look for the profitable areas -- get value! I personally will pass races with a solid fave at a low price. Just my style.

You might want to also look for contentious races -- look at the Race Volatility Rating on the HTLM report. Look for high numbers (I think Jeff P recommended >105). Then check the JRating -- I always look at the top 3, but especially #1. I think that you will get solid results from just doing that.

HH

hdcper
03-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Legs,

I agree with HH, anyone looking for good software should look at every demo that is available. Further, on the Jcapper site, Jeff has just made a posting of the results of the Out of Box UDMs and how they have faired over the last two months of 2005. Like HH mentioned and looking at the post time odds breakout, it is clear that profits can be improved by monitoring the odds line prior to making a wager.

So find the software that fits your style, test it and implement what works!!!

Good luck,

Bill