PDA

View Full Version : cj's Performance Figure program

headhawg
02-28-2005, 05:41 PM
I noticed on cj's site that the Bris/TSN version of his PF program is now available. Everyone here probably knows about "the CJs" :) , but the previous version of his program only used Formulator/DRF files. That is no longer the case.

I'm assuming that others are interested in his program, so I thought I would post this to let people know it has been completed.

For those of you here handicapping in a cave, cj's site can be found at www.pacefigures.com.

midnight
02-28-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm curious. Is there any difference between the generic TSN data files and the Procaps files, other than the proprietary Procaps data? What I'm wondering is whether most programs that can read both files would be using the exact same data.

BillW
02-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Midnight,

There is no Procap proprietary data in the Procap files. The difference is extra Bris data (which is proprietary to Bris). If I recall correctly the race ratings, class ratings and (maybe?) the TSN Prime power figures are not in the regular TSN files but exist in the Procap files. It's been awhile since I compared the two. The 2 file formats are the same, the regular files just have empty fields where the extra Procap data exists. Unless the author of a program specifically prevents it, any program using the regular files should handle the Procap files just fine. The file format/content for each type is published by TSN and available on their site. While not 100% accurate (the last time I looked) they should give you a better idea of the differences.

Bill

midnight
03-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the information. What I was trying to establish was that nothing is being given up in the way of data by using the Procaps files instead of the generic ones. From the way you describe it, there's actually more data to be had in the Procaps file. Thanks again.

BillW
03-01-2005, 05:15 AM
The Procap files are definitely a superset of the standard TSN files. All standard data is included.

andicap
03-01-2005, 04:06 PM
So bottom line is,
if you want to get CJ's full PPs and other tracks for a particular day you don't have to pay $3 or $4 for DRF Formulator (which does give you three tracks), you can put down a buck a track for the BRIS stuff or $60 a month for TSN unlimited.

That's excellent news.

cj
03-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Or even 50 cents for TSN Single files. It's not perfect yet, I found out today Sunland's ProCaps file won't run for today, but its very minor stuff that I will fix within a day. So far, with quite a few using the files, that's the only problem I've heard, but I'm sure more are coming :)

Zaf
03-01-2005, 09:07 PM
I've been using the $1.00 Bris & .50 cent TSN files and everything seems to be running smoothly. Same great figs !!!

ZAFONIC