PDA

View Full Version : BRIS Harness PPs!

cj
02-27-2005, 07:03 PM
http://www.brisnet.com/Ads/Banners/harnessppsbris.gif

Anyone seen these? I wonder if they are comma delimited also? Time to do some research...

cj
02-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Well, it looks like PDF only for now.

Here is a sample:

http://www.brisnet.com/samples/hrn.pdf

Zaf
02-27-2005, 07:23 PM
I think TrackMaster may have comma-delimited for Harness.

ZAFONIC

Zman179
02-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Those are the TrackMaster harness files which Brisnet has a license to sell.

For better bargains, I'd suggest that you go directly to www.trackmaster.com itself.

andicap
02-27-2005, 07:38 PM
I might be wrong, but...

TM sells them for $1.50 a piece and $35 a month subscription if these are the basic files that BRIS is selling.

BRIS is selling them for $1.50 apiece and $1 IF you are a silver member who pays $30 a month to BRIS.

So if you don't download that many harness PPs a month it's a wash at worst, good be a better deal AND if you happen to be a silver member anyway it's a better deal.
Plus if you bet $200 at BRIS you get 20% back at the end of the month. So if you are a silver member and buy 40 harness programs a month you're saving money from TM -- $40 minus $8. ($3, yes I know, but technically it's a better deal, unless I'm missing something)

If you're not a silver member, you can buy 25 programs at $1.50 and get the 20% discount and save about $5 a month.

Here's what sucks about it. BRIS is not offering the same deal with bettors that it does on the t-bred PDFs, that they are free if you bet that track that day. Probably has something to do with the licensing deal BRIS arranged with TM.

I sure wish reps from BRIS and TM were around here the way Marc at DRF is.
That does say something positive about the DRF.

melman
03-23-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't use any download files for harness as I can get the "Daily Harness Program" comped. If you pay the full price for the program it is still quite a bargain as they cover 13 tracks on the Friday or Saturday program. This is all a print edition. From talking with JoeG I think the trackmaster charge for all harness tracks on a per month basis is cheap. That being said Mr Milkowski please DO NOT get any harness downloads. Remember harness does not pay anything. :D All chalk, esp at Freehold. :D

trying2win
03-23-2005, 04:13 PM
I like to play a lot of harness tracks throughout the year. In addition, I like doing a lot of research, even on tracks I don't play (you never know when you'll find an additonal harness track worth betting in the future).

So, with the above scenario being the case, I found that by subscribing to TRACKMASTER'S 6 month unlimited download plan, that that was the most cost-effective plan to use. This plan includes unlimited downloading of harness past performance programs and/or data files for harness software.
TRACKMASTER also has a 1 year unlimited download plan as well.

T2W

Tom
03-23-2005, 07:39 PM
If you donwload the TM harness chrts, they have three pace figures for each horse, and are very good. Problem is, I don't see tjhem in any PPs and you have to download a full dy's chart for each paceline you want to look at. Not a bad thing if you are following one or two tracks and need them anyways.

Zman179
03-23-2005, 09:30 PM
I don't use any download files for harness as I can get the "Daily Harness Program" comped. If you pay the full price for the program it is still quite a bargain as they cover 13 tracks on the Friday or Saturday program. This is all a print edition. From talking with JoeG I think the trackmaster charge for all harness tracks on a per month basis is cheap. That being said Mr Milkowski please DO NOT get any harness downloads. Remember harness does not pay anything. :D All chalk, esp at Freehold. :D

The Daily Racing Program is full of errors, especially with drivers & trainers. Having examined and used both TM and DRP extensively, I cannot even place a deuce on a horse with confidence while using the DRP's. I NEED accurate pp's.

melman
03-24-2005, 08:11 AM
To be accurate it's the "Daily Harness Program" and not the DRP. Just a typo I guess on your part. Glad you find the trackmaster pp's good and wish you many great trips on long odds horses. I have seen and used both also and will continue to use the Daily Harness Program. BTW I DO NOT work for or know anyone that produces the DHP or Harness Eye or the company that prints all of them which is Sport's Eye.

Zaf
04-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Can you import the data from the Trackmaster Files into Excel ?

ZAFONIC

wilderness
04-01-2005, 02:14 PM
ZAFONIC,
If you email me?
I'll send you and excell file which Ellis Starr of Trackmaster sent me 4-5 years ago which defines the fields in the Trackmaster Comma Delimited files.

So yes is your answer, however when you use their free software for anlayzing data?
I've been told the "what'ifs" are much easier.

Don

Zaf
04-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Thanks Don,

e-mail sent :)

Are the comma delimited files the trackmaster basic files ?

ZAFONIC

wilderness
04-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Zafonic,
Trackmaster offers a variety of options for their data. It requires sifting through their explantions.
It's been a good five years since I looked at anything other than the standard PDF programs.

I seem to recall that the EXE files for their basic and premium programs were comma delimited files, however I'm not positive.

They do offer free downloads of samples:
http://www.trackmaster.com/harness/demos/hmbsamp.htm
which would afford you the opportunity of viewing formats.

In addition the Trackmaster folks are very cordial on the telephone and offer a watts # for sales:
http://www.trackmaster.com/contact.htm

This page:
http://www.trackmaster.com/techpages/faq.htm#otherprog
Provides the following EX:
Q: Can I use the TrackMaster information in other programs?
A: Yes. TrackMaster information is sent in a dBase III format. Any spreadsheet or database program (i.e. Excel, Lotus, FoxPro) that can import dBase III information can be used.
end of quote

Your Excell software should pull this dBaseIII data into the 200+fields from files.
Many other softwares accept dBaseIII data as well. (Even some very old DOS software's.)

Don